Chapter 4

(Links POV)

about a month after ben developed that split personality, ben decided it would be good to lock himself out of the world.

he wont open the door to anyone and asa last resort they thought maybe i could help.

he wont answer me,he wont talk to me, the only thing i hear is him ocassionally cough or move around.

at least hes alive.

i sighed and knocked one last time on his door.

"ben please answer..." nothing

nothing

i hear the sound of the doorknob rattle and a small sigh. it was just still for a second. i heard his footsteps walk away from the door, only to return to the door again after.

he growled a little, opened the dor and quickly walked past me, obviously avoiding confrontation.

he looked annoyed.

i heard as MS called for him and tried to get his attention then the front door slammed.

i walked out to them and MS glared at me and told me ive helped enough and to just leave.

i sighed andleft.

ben looked to be crying, he was sitting outside on the porch, his hands folded on the small table like this, his head was buried in them and he was sobbing quietly.

i slowly walked up to him and he just flipped me off when i tried to ask him whats wrong.

i sighed, getting the message and ran my fingers over his back lightly before leaving.

i got home and there was a package on the doorstep, i pciked it uo ad navi told m shiek had dropped it off while i was gone.

i went inside and opened it.

there was a note.

'the children of the tribe made this after hearing stories about you, they wanted you to have it, take good care of it please? i know you will.

-Sheik'

i looked at the wrapped up item and then slowly picked it up nd unwrapped it. it was a... violin? the bow sat in the box, wraped up exactly the same way next to it.

i picked it up and chuckled some.

its been forever since ive played any sort of instrument.

i posisitoned the violin how its supposed to be held and slowly ran the bow over the strings.

i was suprised to see it was in perfect tune, shiek probably did it out of OCD

i got lost in the music and didnt notice zelda come in till she giggled some.

"you and music" i looked up at her ad smiled.

"yeah"i blushed a bit and set the volin down.

"i cant stay long, i just came to check on you"

"its fine.."

"you seem a bit depressed"

"i sort ofam... i mean, youd be like this too probably if the one you love refused to talk to you.."

"youre refering to ben arent you?" i nodded meakly.

"i cant help it... i just... hes my everything...hes all i have left..."

"link please dont be sad, im sure its just a phase, trust me"

"you dont know the half of it zelda... you dont know what him and i have been through.."