Chapter 5 | A Distant Face

I dreamt I had seen the same person who attacked me. She talked about this... 'curse' and how she passed it on to me. I woke up after that. I felt sick, like I was going to throw up. I threw up on the floor, and inside of said throw up, was blood. I, like any normal person, started to freak out. I pause as I hear rustling in a bush outside. I look out the window and see an injured person. I head outside, sword in hand. As I looked around, I saw no mobs. He limps toward me. He hisses. It was a mixture of pain and a creeper's hiss. "Excuse me, do you know where Carlstown is?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I'm heading to see my sister. She lives near it."

"Come inside, atleast until morning."

"Oh, um thanks. I'm Piper, doctor of all things paranormal." He limped toward me and the door.

"(Y/n)." He limps inside and I shut the door behind us. I get my first aid kit. "Why are you limping?"

"I cut my leg on a rock when my horse ran off a cliff. The horse ran off." I just nod.

"How long of a journey?" I start to clean the wound.

"Five days on foot, but only three on horse." I pause.

"Do you happen to have a sister nicknamed Dream?"

"Yep." I toss an empty water bottle at the couch. I hit, hear something along the lines of 'ow, what the hell', and see Dream walking over to us.

"(Y/n) what was that for?!"

"We have a visitor."

"Piper?!"

A/n tiredness and author's block. I have few ideas, but I want to prolong the book. Any tips and/or ideas would be appreaciated. See you later my bookworms!