Chapter 11 | Both choices

Well, here I am, in my hometown, shopping for supplies to build traps. It was the closest place to buy stuff from, other than the village. We didn't want to go there for obvious reasons. Kris is currently with her parents. I'll join her when I finish shopping, and we'll head back to my place in the morning.

*Timeskip of an hour brought to by: Kristen890*

I'm finally finished shopping, and am heading towards Kris's parent's place. It looks the same as I remember it, except a horse is outside it. I knock on the door and it swings open almost immediately after my knock. I greet Kris's parents, and put the stuff from the shop in Kris's room. She's on her phone, playing a game. She half looks up and waves and focuses her attention back on the screen. Then, she dropped the phone completely, looking startled. "Stupid animtronic-thing. I was so close. I was inches away from victory.

(More auto correct weirdness: "The night after we were finished repairing to leave after the demon we call our mom went to bed we grabbed the backpacks Kristen packed, the food bags Disten packed, and the smallest child." A part of an old story of mine, actually.)

"That happens. So what traps are we making first?"

"Bear traps! And some traps to wake us up, of course." I roll my eyes.

"Well, let's get started then."

*Timeskip to morning brought to you by: Thepuinnydog, my good friend who may be dead.*

I wake up from being poked. I open my eyes and see Kris still poking me. "Stop poking me."

"Awaken and except your new task!" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What is this 'task'?"

"We need food. Your refridgerator is almost empty."

"Why don't you get it?"

"I have things to do."

"Okay, fine." I get up off the floor and unzip my sleeping bag. After making sure I have everything I need, I head to the local supermarket. I get in and out in less than half the time I expected to be there. As I approach the large house, I hear a faint noise. It sounds like screaming. I don't feel compelled to walk faster for three reasons. One, I was gone for about 10 minutes. Two, there are 3 people in the house. Three, Kris screams when she is unexpectedly jumpscared. (I don't know if that's true. I have never screamed after being jumpscared while playing or watching someone play a game. I always somewhat expect a jumpscare when 'horror game' is in the title.) Whatever the case may be, I probaly shouldn't be too concerned. When I'm just outside the door, thanks to my now heightened sense of smell, I smell a hint of blood. I put the food on the porch and open the door. I follow the smell quickly and quietly. Kris's parents are gone, and the smell is coming from the basement. For some odd reason, the smell makes my mouth start to water. I step down the steps into the basement, and the smell gets stronger. By the time I get to the bottom of the stairs, the smell is almost overpowering. I push forward anyway. I see Kris, covered in blood, standing over the basement sink, washing blood off a sword. I walk toward her. "Hey, Kris?" She glances over at me.

"Hm?"

"Why do you have blood on you?"

"What are you talking about? Can you see my veins or something?"

"What? No, your covered in blood and washing blood off a sword." She turns around.

"I'm washing off peanut butter, grape jelly, and a bit of butter. Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine!"

"You must've not gotten enough sleep, and now your hallucinating. You should head upstairs and get some rest."

"Where are your parents?"

"They had to do something or other. Seriously, you should probaly get some sleep." The blood suddenly vanishes.

"Wait, the blood just disappered."

"Okay. You should probaly still get some sleep."

"I... (Game saved) Will (see chapter 12)or Won't (see chapter 13)

A/n So, as you saw today, some choices don't matter, not now atleast. Keep your last choice in mind. It will be important later. Bye, my bookworms!