Chapter 10 | Don't let them in

I decide not to let them in, not just yet. I step toward the door, asking who was outside. After getting no reply, I head to the window. I can see clearer now, and I see no one at the door. Either they ran off or I was hallucinating. I head back to bed.

*Timeskip to morning brought to you by: Noble_blue and NadiaIElizabeth*

I woke up to the smell of omlets and pancakes. I see Kristen cooking. She looks confused. "What's up?" She jumps.

"Don't do that! I'm trying to remember exactly how much season all goes into the omlets."

"You following a specific recipe?"

"My dad's. He could cook for a living." I nod and open the door. It looks like someone was banging on it. I wonder...

"Hey Kris?" I hear a muffled 'sup' and 'food's done'. "You hear anything last night?" I start to head to my table.

"I didn't hear anything except rain.... Wait! There was a banging sound, but I thought it was just a tree branch or something."

"Door doesn't look like it was hit by a tree. More like a terrified or pissed person." I sit down. Kris shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe someone came by on their way to or from the village. It's just a one hour walk, thirty minute run, and twenty minute horse ride. It was probaly nothing." I nod and start eating. She continues. "Though I would be lying if I said I don't think we should make sure the doors and windows are locked before sleeping. You hear something else?" I swallow.

"Someone shouting let me in. Female."

"A ruse, or out of rage. How did they sound?"

"Distressed. When I went to the door, they weren't there. I didn't open it, just look through a window."

"Any blood?"

"No, but the door was beat in pretty badly."

"Rage or fear is the question. If it's rage, then Dream came by, definitely, but if it was fear, she most likely threatened to kill someone, and they got away."

"She has dozens of medals and trophies for running. She would catch up."

"Exactly. She did it on purpose. She chased her here, as she most likely ran the opposite direction of her, hoped she would knock, or bang, on the door, you came to open it, she kills everyone, paints a picture with our blood."

"Wait, what?!"

"What did you think she was using for her paintings and where did you think she got it from. I always thought it was weird the paintings smelt kind of like blood. My profiler senses were tingling and I ignored them."

"Well then, what do you want to do? We can't just sit in here all day."

"That is how I live! You must have a much more exciting life. You remember when we were 12, once you were staying over and on the walk to the car, I shouted 'Look, a worm!' and my mom said I looked special being so excited over a worm?"

"It was hilarious. There were tons of worms every morning it rained the night before. I think I know what we should do. Maybe we should make traps to put outside."

"Well, I was thinking, maybe we could head back up to our hometown. Your decision."

"I want to... Go to your hometown (see chapter 11) or Build traps for Dream (see chapter 11)

A/n Which path? First vote is made first. Happy Holidays my bookworms!