Chapter 11: Movies

Eren's POV

My palms grew sweaty as Hanji drove close to Mikasa's house. I remember stopping here from time to time, sometimes annoyed from time to time. But now... it's just... nerve-wrecking. Calmly, I took deep breaths and tried to pretend it was a normal day going to her house. But that heavy weight inside me told me otherwise. After a week into a "relationship," I thought it would be great to take her out on a date. Well... maybe it wasn't the best idea coming out of me... because now, I'm definitely regretting it.

Hanji chuckles softly as she checked the rearview mirror. "You seem nervous... ready for your first-ever date?"

My cheeks grew warm, "I-I... no... I'm not..." I let out a sigh of relief. I never wanted to tell Levi about Mikasa and how I wanted to handle it... honestly, he may have gotten with a few girls and decided on marrying Hanji... I probably didn't want to follow his advice.

"Did you talk to Levi?"

"No..." 

Hanji looked away from the mirror, like she was sighing. "He could help-"

"No he wouldn't..." I sighed more. The way Levi told me about who he was before Hanji... I didn't want to be like him. I just wanted to be with a girl I liked and not out, searching for one. But Levi does truly love Hanji. If not... well, he wouldn't have married her.

Suddenly, Hanji looked back up into the mirror,  like she was gonna speak, but put her head back down. After the current song finished, her eyes looked back to the mirror. "He told you... didn't he? Who he was?"

I nodded, "Yes... he told me... and you fell for him, Hanji. Yet I never knew..."

"You were too young... a 6-year-old shouldn't know what the birds and bees were. Especially... when I worked at that club."

My fists clenched together tightly, "Hanji... you fell for a player. He touched you up because it was your job. How would Iris and the twins react when they hear that when they grow up? They're probably gonna think the same way I do..."

Hanji sighed, gripping tightly onto the wheel. At least she knows what's on my mind. "Then we won't tell. I gave up that life-"

"When some other guy tried to touch you up like that... an underage kid. Hanji... giving up that life or not... you still did it. For what? For me? You should've put me back up for adoption. I caused enough problems... if it wasn't for me, you would've met a different guy rather than a player-"

"Eren." Her voice turned cold and stern. "I may regret the way I met Levi... but I don't regret adopting you... I don't regret that, not one bit. And I don't regret loving Levi... understand? I don't know how or what you feel... but trust me on this. Alright? I love you equally with the children and Levi."

Sighs, I always turn to become an outcast. "I get it..."

*   *   *

Hanji drove in silence after that, only the radio was on. Few minutes later, we arrived at Mikasa's house. Once our car was in front of her house, the house surrendered Mikasa- who was wearing a knee-length black skirt and a white blouse. Her red scarf surrounded her neck... I remember giving that to her when I first saw her... she was, freezing.

She gracefully walked over to the car and sitting in the back, next to me. "Hey, Mikasa." Hanji says with a chuckle once Mikasa entered the car. She put her seatbelt on and closed the door.

Mikasa simply smiled, "Hello, Hanji. Nice to see you again." Then, she turned to me... her gray eyes softened, making me grow warm in my cheeks. "Hey Eren..."

I just stared at her, unable to speak. "H-Hey, Mikasa... r-ready for the movie?" I struggled to say out to her, feeling my whole face flustered. "I-I hope so... hehe..." I chuckled nervously. Ever since we started to go out... I became... nervous...

"I'm pretty excited for the movie. Nice to know you decided to take me to a... well... mysterious/love movie. You know me well..." She chuckles softly, not helping how I was feeling already. Dammit...

"H-Heh... y-yeah..." When I looked to the rearview mirror and saw a smug smile on Hanji's face. I just hope that she won't tell Levi about me and Mikasa dating. Like I would want to hear more lectures from a playboy... who knows what other things he may have done that he doesn't tell Hanji...

*   *   *

After our awkward reunion, Hanji drives us to the movie theaters, telling us she would pick us up in 3 hours... more than enough time for the movie. Mikasa and I quickly bought our tickets and bought food. She always had a sweet tooth, so she bought some candy while I bought a popcorn and decided to share it with Mikasa, as a good boyfriend. We even bought a large soda... and the total was over $20... no wonder we never go to the theaters that often. 

But we sat down in the theaters, waiting for the movies to start while the usual theaters' commercial played. The whole time, Mikasa and I were able to hold a conversation down by talking about school and how our siblings were before the movie started.

*   *   *

After the movie, we still had an hour left, and had no idea what to spend it on; but our stomachs grumbled... begging us for food.

"Want to eat anything?" I asked once we walked out of the theaters; the sun blinded our eyes since we stayed in the darkness for almost 2 hours. The insides of my stomach clawed me... even after eating popcorn and drinking soda... it wasn't enough. And I didn't want to spend more money on popcorn.

Mikasa looked up, blinking her eyes. "Um... sandwiches? Or burgers... actually, leaning more towards burgers. Had a craving for them for awhile... heh..." She chuckles softly. To me... it was pretty cute. 

"Burgers, huh? Okay."

We walked towards a fast food place, and grabbed ourselves some burgers. I decided to get a bacon burger while Mikasa got a regular double cheeseburger. We didn't get a full meal... but we did get an extra large fries to share. Mikasa really didn't mind... but just seeing her happy like that... lit my heart up.

"Mikasa..." I began to ask her when Hanji's text message said she'll be here in 10 minutes. I had to act fast towards her. "Can... can I ask you something?"

She looks at me with her pale gray eyes. "Of course. What's up?"

"Should we be... you know, an official couple?" My face grew warm as I spoke. Why did I have a feeling of regret? I wanted to take all my words back, to even never speak a word about going into deeper parts of a relationship.

"Meaning what?"

Taking a deep breath, I didn't care how much I turned red... I had to. My mind kept telling me to do it... yet my body reluctantly listened. I leaned towards her and kissed her on her sweet lips... tasting lemonade on her lips. Once I pulled away, I smiled: "I love you, Mikasa..."

She smiles and kisses back. "Thought you wouldn't ever kiss me..." Dammit, Eren... now I do have to have a very important talk with Levi... about how to easily keep a girlfriend...