Chapter 12: Teasing

Eren's POV

Walking out of Levi's office with his advice just swarming... goddammit... why did I have to ask him? He went on and on about how to make every promise to them, and ensure to keep them. He even had to bring up some promises he made with Hanji and how he had not fulfilled them yet. That is... because most of their promises was based around kids. 

Thinking I should text Mikasa, or at least call her to schedule another date, I reached for it. But... I couldn't find it. Dammit... where is it?

"Hi Mikasa!" I hear Iris' voice, but Mikasa was back at home... Levi and Hanji had their phones... I saw them have it, but Iris doesn't have any... no! Running towards her room, I grabbed her doorknob and I attempted to open it... except it was locked. "No... Eren isn't here... he's with Daddy!"

Banging on the door, I knocked and shouted, "Iris! Give me my phone! Please!"

All I heard was giggling. "No... I'm not being mean. Eren's being mean! He's being bossing again!" I heard her complained. "He's a big meanie!"

Sighing, I knocked on her door one last time. "Iris, please... can I have my phone? I... I need to talk to Mikasa..." I say, hoping she would give in to my pleas.

But of course... she did the complete opposite. "Hm... let me thing... no!" She giggles loudly and I groaned. Of course she was stubborn... like me. Stubborn like Levi... stubborn like Hanji. Once she has something... it takes forever until she can release whatever item she has. Usually to Levi and Hanji... but knowing Levi, he loves how stubborn she it and Hanji loves the trouble she causes.

"Please!"

"No!" She kept laughing over and over. "Not until you tell me about Mikasa!" She really wants to find out between us... great. "Did you take her out on a date?"

"Iris. Please. My phone." And this passed on over and over... before finally the door opened. A phone peaked out of the door. "Thank you." I say, taking it from her. "What did you and Mikasa talk about?" I asked as she giggled softly.

A smirk grew big on her face. "I'm telling Mommy and Daddy that you have a girlfriend! Are you guys gonna have a baby if you love each other very much?!"

"A bab- Iris! That's not- bad Iris!" As much as wanted to tell her how babies are actually made... a child shouldn't know that. So I tried to push it away from my head to avoid me actually saying it. Levi would've killed me if I mentioned that word to her.

She continued to giggle. "Mommy and Daddy said that babies are only made when they love each other very very much! Does that mean you and Mikasa are gonna have a baby?!"

Once more, I sighed heavily. How can I, someone who knows exactly how babies are made, respond to an innocent girl? Simply rolling my eyes and going with it. "Iris... Mikasa and I do like each other... not enough for a baby. Okay?"

Iris nods and her sweet smirk disappeared. I know I keep breaking her heart... I can't stop it. I'm just... not wanted, I guess. "Okay... but when you can... can I name the baby?"

Chuckling, I kissed her forehead. "In the future, sure. And... you gotta talk to Mikasa if that ever happens. Got it?" She nods and her smile returned to her angelic self. "Okay... I love you, Iris..." I say to her with another kiss on her forehead. Such an innocent soul... and here she is teasing me about love. 

Innocence comes in different forms. And Iris here is one of those forms. Kids huh? Reminds me of what Mikasa was talking about during that dance... maybe when we're around 30 or something... maybe kids is something we would have.