Chapter 13: Time

20 Years Later

Eren's POV

Just holding my own daughter was just... beautiful. Mikasa was panting hard and sweating after giving birth. Iris, Zander, and Zella were waiting outside with Levi and Hanji. Even though we're not blood related... Hanji does deserve to see her "granddaughter" because she did raise me. Mikasa had her family with her... and Armin was out there as the outcast.

"Go and introduce her." Mikasa says with a weak smile. "But before that... I think we should name her, right? Any names?"

Smiling, I had a name for her. "Carla..." I whispered, loud enough for Mikasa to hear, but not loud enough to wake the sleeping baby. 

One look from Mikasa, she knew immediately. "Your mom..."

I nodded to her. "Wanted to give a small piece to keep her memory alive. Not sure for a middle name. You?" She shook her head. "Wait... I did remember Iris wanting to name our first child... I kinda promised her. You don't mind, do you, Mika?"

She smiled softly. "I don't mind. She's your adopted sister after all." 

Nodding, I walked outside with Carla, thinking about how my mom was when I was born. Probably holding me the same way as I'm holding Carla. I wonder a lot of things if she was still alive... she would've loved seeing her own granddaughter named after her. She was my baby... Mikasa's and I...

"Eren!" I heard Iris' voice shriek as she heard me. "Heh... what's her name?"

"Carla." I say with a smile. "But I haven't forgotten what you told me years ago. She still needs a middle name, Iris."

Her smile grew bigger and bigger. "Heh... good. I was thinking of Yui. But for a middle name... Lee. I like the name Lee." She giggles, growing more like Levi and Hanji at the same time. Even if it wasn't blood that held us together... it was definitely Levi and Hanji...

"Carla Lee Ackerman-Jaeger." I smiled to everyone. "Come on, Mikasa wants to see you guys too."

The time passed quickly... and all my siblings knew I was adopted. Yes, a few tears has been shed because of that... then Hanji's past was revealed about how she met Levi. They didn't have to know... but they were tired of lies and hidden truth. And of course they had to be demanding of the truth.

"Carla... isn't that your real mother's name?" Hanji asks as everyone gathered around Mikasa and asking her questions. 

"Yeah... as I told Mikasa... I wanted a little piece of her here with me. After all... she was one of my true blood family... and of course, you guys can see her... unlike my mom. I wish... she was here to see her granddaughter." My eyes looked down at Carla, seeing her slumbering quietly. "But hey... you are technically my mother- adoptive mother." I chuckled softly, remembering the day I got adopted by her.

Hanji chuckles as well. "Of course. Come on, you'll be a great dad. Honestly, I didn't know if I was ever gonna be a good mother to you. After... well, you know. The job I took..."

I kissed her forehead lovingly. "I love you, Hanji... and I'm sorry for acting that way towards you. I didn't realize how much of a pain I was to you. Sorry..."

She chuckles softly. "Come on, Eren. I loved it when you were trouble... and besides, you got Carla... your daughter to take care of. Heh... my little granddaughter." Hanji chuckles more as her finger grazed against Carla's cheek. "Take good care of her, okay?"

"I will..." I say with a smile. Carla... my daughter with my mother's name. Of course, it's our family.