Chapter 11: The next step

It took the trio about ten minutes to find Volt. Once they did, however, they were able to free him in a matter of seconds. All it took to open the cage was one Razor leaf from Leo. They sneaked out of the village and by a wonder the whole rescue operation went without any problems. Once they were back at Dusk and Leo's camp Volt thanked them for saving him.
Amére even went as far as hugging Leo. That took Leo by surprise and annoyed Dusk even more. So much in fact that she could hardly take it anymore.  They went back to their campsite on the beach. There Volt and Amére said their goodbyes. Volt did this by simply saying:
"Thank you and good luck,"
Ampére gave Leo another hug. That made Dusk snap.
"Argh!!" She yelled before running off
She kept running for a few minutes before hiding behind a big rock on the beach. Then the tears started flowing down her face.

Not long after that Leo found her.
"Dusk what was that all about?" he asked angrily. Then he noticed she was crying. All his anger melted instantly.
"Dusk are you okay?" he asked.
"Go away. Leave me alone," Dusk cried
"Dusk, please, I want to help," Leo said lying down next to the crying girl. Dusk tried pushing him away, but in her current state, she couldn't do it.
"Just go snuggle with your new friend or something. But leave me alone," Dusk sobbed after giving up on trying to push him away.
"Dusk is it possible that you are jealous of him?" Leo asked
A blush so strong it was even visible through her fur appeared on Dusk's cheeks. She stayed silent, but Leo knew enough.
"I am sorry if I made you feel that I was replacing you or something, but I can assure you that I'm not," Leo said. It took Dusk some time to calm down. And by the time they got back to their camp, it was almost lunchtime.
"Half of the day gone and we got nothing done." Leo sighed
"We'll manage I am sure of it," Dusk said reassuringly.

The rest of the day was spent finishing their camp. When they were done, they were exhausted and went straight to bed

The next morning they were awoken by the howling wind raging on the seas. A storm had broken loose
"This can't be serious," Dusk said in frustration
"There is nothing we can do. Let's just lay low and wait out," Leo sighed. At this point, they were glad they had built a little hut. Otherwise, the wind would have just been blowing all over them. At least they were sheltered now. But it was still cold, and it was impossible to make a fire now, so they just huddled up together and shared body warmth. At night It got even colder, they could barely hold on.
"You know this reminds me of my Mom and Dad when they first met There was a storm too," Dusk said expressing a random thought.
"Oh yeah. I remember," Leo reacted.
Of course Leo had also heard the story, every kid in the region did. "Do you think we will end up like them?" Leo added. A blush appeared on his cheeks. Dusk's cheeks flared up as well.
"I mean, we might. Who knows what happens. I would like it if we did." Dusk said
"Me too," Leo agreed. "The sound of rain is kind of cozy, isn't it?
"Yeah, your right," Dusk admitted. The sound of the droplets on their roof put them both at ease. And acting purly by instinct Dusk got her face closer to Leo's. And before they knew what happend their lips touched