Chapter 10: the village

The next morning Dusk woke up finding Leo still huddled up against her chest. She gently nudged him awake. Leo yawned.
"Good morning Dusk," he said with a sleepy voice and his eyes still half closed.
"And a good morning to you too sleepy," Dusk answered.
It was still pretty early in the morning the sun had only just risen from the horizon. The nature around them was still asleep. There was a slight breeze that made sounds on the water and the leaves on the trees, but it was silent otherwise. Dusk and Leo got to their feet, and Leo started preparing breakfast while Dusk reignited the campfire. They had decided to spend this day on further building up their camp and to start exploring once that was done.

They were in the middle of their meal when they heard the bushes rustle. A very flustered looking Pikachu appeared from them.
"Thank Arceus I found you," he panted. He had been running all the way to their camp, and he was on the brink of exhaustion.
"Please, you have to help me," he said,
"Who are you?" Dusk asked in confusion. Leo knew the answer to that question, but he realized Dusk had never met this pokémon before.
"This is Ampére; I met him when you were unconscious. He is the one that suggested feeding you a Pecha berry, Weren't you with your brother? Where is he now?" Those last words were directed at Ampére
"That's why I am here, You saw last night he felt guilty for leaving you guys alone, so he went looking for you to check if you were okay, but he never came back. I am worried something happened to him. Please help me find him," Amére pleaded.
"Calm down, we will help," Leo said
"Woah wait, how do we know we can trust this guy?" Dusk said
"Dusk you have to trust me, I am the leader, and I say we help him," Leo said ordering Dusk for the first time.
"Hmpf, fine" Dusk said. She then got up and walked away
"I am sorry she usually isn't like this. I have actually never seen her this way before," Leo apologized to Ampére.
"Let's just go alright," Ampére said. And together they entered the forest to go searching for Volt.

After thirty minutes of searching without finding any traces of Volt. Leo got an idea
"Dusk haven't you got a good nose?" he asked
"So what if I do?" Dusk asked grumpily. Leo chose to ignore her tone.
"Do you think you could track Ampére's brother if you got his scent?" he asked.
"And why would I do that?" Dusk asked
"Seriously Dusk, what is the mater with you?  I have never seen you act this way before," Leo said sternly
"Nothing let's just get this over with," Dusk answered
Leo was taken aback by Dusk's attitude. But he figured he couldn't change anything about it now. He turned to Ampére
"Have you got anything with his scent," he asked
"I have got his bag back at camp," Ampére said
"Then we will go there," Leo said
Dusk huffed. Leo chose to ignore it

When they arrived at Their camp, Amére got  Volt's bag
Dusk reluctantly got its scent and led the way.
The scent led them to a village surrounded by a wooden wall.
"He is in there. Are you happy now?" Dusk asked angrily
"Dusk stop it, seriously what is the matter with you
Dusk said nothing
"Are you sure he is in there?" Ampére asked
"Yes I am sure," Dusk responds annoyed.
"I just wanted to make sure," Ampére said.
"Argh," Dusk sais. And she walks away a bit.
Leo looks at his friend in confusion.
"I swear. I don't know what is wrong with her," Leo said
"Let's just try to get in there and save Volt,"
They look for an opening in the defenses of the village.
After a while, they find an opening they can squeeze through.
They silently enter the village and sneakily go look for Volt.