Chapter eight: Liberty Has a Cost

A/N:
Sorry for not updating! School is such a bitch these days, especially since its almost the end of the school year theres so much to catch up and do.

I did promise to make 3 chapters to make it up for it, they were already done! They just needed editing. Anyhow, enjoy!

-------------------------

Ivan opened it.

Tino, Lukas and Berwald's eyes widened at the sight of the pair. Curled up, afraid.

Tino grits his teeth as he slowly pulls out his dagger. He stopped however as he saw Leon motioned for him to stop and Emil gestures to keep quiet.

This is when the three noticed that Ivan and his guards couldn't see them, how strange.

"Sir, nothing is here. We have searched the house and there are no signs of our targets" one guard reported. Ivan sighed as he closed the closet.

Lukas let out a small relived sigh as Berwald lowered his guard. Tino, however, was curious as to how Ivan and his guards couldn't see the pair.

"Well, I must get going. I need to continue my search for my targets. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience" Ivan said as he walked out the room.

Berwald looked out the bedroom window to see Ivan and his men walk along the pathway, away from their home.

"Okay guys, you can come out," Lukas spoke. The two boys got out of the small dark wooded closet. Leon chanted a spell as a small light appeared in front of them.

Tino, curious, tilted his head.

"How did you do that? Ivan and his guards didnt see you. However, we did."

Leon quickly explained his rare magics known as ancient magic. Only the relatives of Yao Wang had the possible privilage of being able to use it.

Even with that, Leon wasn't sure of. Mabye there could be other people out there that had ancient magics that are not somehow related to his father.

All of them went back downstairs to their table with the now cold pea soup. "Im sorry guys, the soup's now cold" Tino expressed sadly.

"It's okay..." Lukas responded. All three of them continued to eat together in tranquility when suddenly the door bursted open.

"I'm very sorry, I seem to have left my scarf h--" Ivan said frantically but halt to a stop when he saw the two people who had not been in the house before.

The one who caught his eye was the very man he was searching for.

Tino stood back up with a dagger in his hand as Ivan's two guards trudged back behind Ivan holding out their dark blue swords.

Lukas and berwald stood up infront of the two teens holding out weapons of their own, Lukas conjuring up a spear as Berwald did with a bow and arrow.

Ivan chuckled bitterly,

"so, You were hiding something from me..."

Lukas grits his teeth as Emil stood infront of Ivan;

"I am not letting you take him away."

Ivan gave him a terrifyingly intimidating glare. The room grew cold, colder than the loud snow storm outside their house.

"I'm going to, Whether you like it or not. Now get out of my way" Ivan raised a fist up to hit him.

"EMIL!" Lukas shouted as he plunged his spear towards Ivan all the while pushing Emil back to safety.