Chapter 24: The Fall of St. Paul

Ash's perspective;
There we were, fighting what seemed to be endless waves of demons in front of the Devil's Bane. Patty was keeping them at bay with her marksman skills. Trish and me were targeting the stragglers.

Lady seemed to disappear out of sight.

Patty: Will this ever end?!

Trish: Not in my experience.

A huge hulking crimson devil smashed his way towards us! It was equipped with a flaming sword.

With one swipe of said weapon, the demon pushed all the others out of the way. Before I could react I was thrown back by a massive shockwave!

I looked in the direction of the blast and saw Lady atop of some debris. Nice save!

The demon withdrew as Hell Vanguards moved on our position. The woman, Trish, took out the sword Sparda and used it to drill past the oncoming horde!

Bombs exploded in midair as ash rained down from above. Flames crackled and rose blocking us in.

Ash: Stay together!

Black smoke rose from the top of the tower, a swarm of what seemed to be locus came hurling out in quick succession!

Trish: Uhm. What now?

Lady: ....Shit.

_______________________________
(Y/n)'s perspective;
They kept coming! Me and Dante were easily getting overwhelmed. Nero was around somewhere probably getting his ass jumped.

There were way too many! We did our best to keep the fight contained in the tower but we were failing!

Dante: The chamber!

(Y/n): Follow me!

We fought our way to another rising platform. After piling on, I activated the mechanism and we began to rise.

Of course with our luck, our position got overrun

Of course with our luck, our position got overrun. The lift was struggling to remain active with all of us riding it. The horde from before decided to share with us. Just great!

(Y/n): Fuck!

Nero: Knock em down!

Dante: Yeeeee~haaaaaaawww!!!

The whole tower began to rumble as the foundation crumbled. No way anyone could have foreseen this!

(Y/n): This tower is older than man! It ain't built for all this!!

We weren't but halfway there when the lift couldn't handle it anymore!

Nero: We need to make room!

Dante equipped some gauntlets and went to town!