Chapter 23: Ulterior Motives

No one's perspective;
On an island far far away, Neo relocates. With him is his father, Ophiel. They stood in the middle of ancient ruins uncharted.

Ophiel was currently using Heresy as a walking cane, Neo strode close behind with his hands at his waist

Ophiel was currently using Heresy as a walking cane, Neo strode close behind with his hands at his waist. His demonic arm was present once again.

Ophiel: It was here. Sparda's last stand.

Neo: ...What happened?

Ophiel: He stood atop that solitary tower. There was a group of natives with him... they all perished. I drove my sword through his chest and watched the life leave his eyes...

Ophiel pulled forth said sword.

Neo: I see.

Ophiel stood at the entrance that lay before them. He turned to face Neo.

Ophiel: How did you get on?

Neo: I raised the tower. You were right, they took the bait. That should keep them occupied for now.

Neo pointed to Heresy.

Neo: Thanks for letting me borrow it.

Ophiel: We must make haste.

The two entered the ruin castle as the sun began to set beyond the horizon. The sign above the castle entrance read 'Paradise.'
_______________________________
(Y/n)'s perspective;
I tossed the remains of my gun off the side of the tower, there was no repairing that.

(Y/n): Shit, thanks a lot!

Nero: ....Sorry.

The sound of demonic screeching came from directly under us. Neo was long gone, and Heresy with him. There was nothing to stop the horde of demons from rising.

.....Except us......

Dante: ...Yamato.

(Y/n): Yamato? You have that?!