Chapter 29: Fate

Nero's perspective;
It's been about 12 weeks since Devil's Bane. Things have gone pretty quiet, surprisingly. With all those demons that managed to escape you'd of thought there would be chaos, but no.

I returned to Fortuna, the others are.....well I don't know. I'm sure they're fine. Anyway, I still have this rusty dump to look after. As if she read my mind, Nico waltzed into the room.

Nico: You done yet?

Nero: With this hunk of junk? No.

Nico: It ain't junk smartass!

Nero: Well it sure ain't a van! Not anymore.

I got her that time, ha!

Nero: You know, with help I could knock this out no problem.

Nico: See ya.

Just like that, she left. Jerk. Whatever, Who was counting on her anyway. Should be finished soon. I pulled my headphones back on and went to work.

Kyrie: Nero, you have a guest!

Kyrie's voice managed to reach passed my headphones, not surprising. I set my tool box down temporarily to go see this 'guest.'

I went to the front door to see a hooded figure sitting on the couch. Kyrie walked up to me before whispering.

Kyrie: He just showed up. He's been like that this whole time, doesn't talk much.

She walked back into the kitchen, I pulled the door close just in case.

When I turned back around, the hooded figure was right in front of my face.

???: You have something of mine...

His hood fell back a little allowing me to catch a glimpse of underneath. He was Caucasian, white hair. The most noticeable feature was the black veins that sprawled out on his face. He strangely looked familiar...

Nero: Excuse me?

A tingling sensation took over my arm. I glanced down to see it glowing blue. It only does that in the presence of a...

Nero: Demon?

Before I could react, I was thrown into the wall and out on the street!

Nero: Arrrggghhh!

Kyrie ran out the side entrance and over by my side.

Nero: Kyrie, get back inside now!!

Just then, the figure from before launched her into a brick wall! A loud crunch filled my ears and in sorrow I wept. BASTARD!!!

I tried to stand but couldn't... my whole body was numb. I tried to summon the Yamato but nothing happened...

That's when I looked down...

Nero: AHHHHHHH!!!!

???: I'm only taking back what's mine...

The hooded man disappeared after walking through a portal of his own make... with my arm...

I crawled over to Kyrie's body. She wasn't moving.... or bre.....breathing...

Nero: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Then everything went dark...

-48 hours later-

Nico's perspective;
I can't believe I let Nero talk me into making another sword for (Y/n). After I gave him my masterpiece I left. I needed to get back to my baby before Nero completely ruins her, my van! Being forced to ride in a regular scrap of tin was agonizing enough! It was 5:04pm when I returned to Kyrie's place. Everything was ruined...

Nico: The hell?!

I hurried upstairs to their bedroom and witnessed a horrible sight. Kyrie's body was atop the bed, it looked as if she'd been hit with a big ass truck!

Nico: Oh my...

Tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Nero was gone, everything was gone...

-Somewhere far far away-
No one's perspective;

Random demon: No! Please! I have no idea what you speak of!!

An injured abomination crawled further down the dark ally. He was oozing black goo and was clearly dying. The sound of a sword being dragged along the ground muffled his cries. Just then a figure walked out of the dark and made himself known.

Nero: I'm gonna ask you again. WHO KILLED HER??!!

 WHO KILLED HER??!!