Chapter 30: Merry Christmas

Harry's perspective;
Against my wishes, the sun rose. I tried to return to my peaceful dream but that was ruined by my noisy alarm clock. Unfortunately, it's time to start the day.

It was like any other morning. Getting ready was easy enough, well until I burned my toast. Guess no breakfast today.

I was running a tad late. After pulling on my business attire, I glanced at the mirror.

 After pulling on my business attire, I glanced at the mirror

Harry: *sighs* Another day...

Just as I expected, snow had piled outside of the apartment making things difficult.

-25 minutes later-
Upon pulling into a parking space in front of my job I noticed Willow pull up at the same time. Willow was one of my best mates. Luckily we shared the same table at work. Not to mention that somehow we ended up arriving at the same time miraculously.

Harry: Hey Willow!

After calling out to her I noticed she had been crying. She also I had a pretty hefty bruise on her right arm. That's when I saw that she had been riding with her boyfriend, Mark. Everyone at the firm knew he was abusive, but no matter what we all said, Willow never cared. Shame.

Willow: He-hey Harry. Good day.

Harry: Um, Merry Christmas!

Willow: Y-you too!

Together we entered the building and made our way to the 4th floor. On arrival we were greeted by our other friend, Amelia.

Amy: Hey pipsqueak and shortstop. You two are late as usual. Merry Christmas!

We all took our seats. Amelia sat across from us, it's how we all met.

It took me a second to spot a huge decorated tree in the corner of the room. Shame I have work today...

Shortly after taking our seats, I was sent a message. I opened the file to see Amelia's face.

 I opened the file to see Amelia's face