Chapter 29

I was scared of Joey's father he was Antonio Houston the scariest man I've ever seen. I remember seeing him once when I was 5 before my mother died we were at a massive business gathering and I saw him with devilish eyes.

He looked incredibly scary to me and as I grew up I heard more scary thing's like how he would remove any people or business in his way.

"Dime why do you look uneasy?" Joey asked

"I... I'm fine don't worry its just I'm nervous about meeting your father "

He smiled at me and said, "its ok he's not as scary as the media say he is."

I forced a smile and gave him a reassuring look.

Joeys mother left that same night and gave us her blessing then left.  The whole night all I could think about was if I make a wrong move they might disappear.

They. Are my family, we may only be a small family and only are just above the line to fame, fortune and wealth but a man like Antonio could remove us in just a second.

"Dime stop thinking about it." I could barely hear him but it gave me reassurance.

That night my body tightened up and I felt like I was shrinking. All I could see when I opened my eyes were bright lights.

I moved closer to it then I could hear music and bright lights that blinded me until I could see the luxurious ballroom standing in front of me

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or if it was real but it all became clear when I saw her.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mother was there with an elegant smile and such kind eyes. I knew I was in a dream but I had to ask myself.
Why?

Why bring me here? Why show me this?

I was so confused. Why would my brain take me here? Then it hit me, I knew exactly where I was. How did I not know?

This place had faded away since I was young but now I remember these grand walls and luxurious decorations.

This was the business gathering where I saw Antonio Houston for the first time. I can see my self! There I am. In a red dress. I remember I was five years old and this was seven months before my mother died.

I was so happy that we went out as a family. I stuck by my mother other whole time.

Antonio Houston came over to my father and I could see that they were talking.

It was so muffled when they spoke and I could barely hear what they said but for some reason now that I am in this dream I can hear every single world like it was said two seconds ago.

"Melody is my Bella's best friend. If you dare to ruin this family with Devins child I will personally make sure to take your family down brutally only leaning Melody and her daughter." Antonio said aggressively

"I wouldn't hurt Melody even if I wanted to." My father calmly replied.

"Look, Charles, just. Treasure your wife and don't do anything stupid or I'll make sure that everything you love will disappear!" Antonio said with a straight face

Wow, I didn't know that Antonio Houston knew my father and mother, well he did say that 'Bella", who in guessing is Joey's mother, was my mothers best friend.

I guess it's a small world.