When we met

Though we have seen each other around school, we never officially met. I met her(Ariel) during my friend's Taekwondo tournament. We exchanged hellos and names. I met her a week before she committed suicide. 

During the tournament, my friend had me take videos and pictures of him. The tournament lasted ~4 hours. There were different events and different sections of the floor. Not everyone's eyes were on one person/event, there were multiple events going on at once from the different age groups. 

At one point, my friend wasn't performing, so I watched Ariel break boards. She was a black belt. I decided to take a video in case she wanted the footage and post it on social media. She positioned the people who were holding the boards and was getting ready to hit and kick. 

She missed the boards, fell at one point, right on her butt. She laughed it off and persevered through the next few seconds. She got a few giggles and cheers. She got encouraged by her peers to keep kicking and punching the wooden boards. I feel like that was a big embarrassment for her. I felt bad. I kind of felt like that was one of the factors that made her kill herself. Though it was minor, I felt like it was embarrassing to the point where no one would forget. I know if it happened to me, I'd feel embarrassed for the rest of my life. 

I didn't even talk to her during the tournament. I think I said "good job" at the end and then carried on with my day. 

I then later went through the photos and videos. Later as in probably the next day. I watched all of the videos and went through the photos. After watching the video, I just kept it in my library; not to be mean and laugh, but just if she wanted the video.