When I found out

I found out that Ariel committed suicide a week after I met her. 

I was dating a guy named Jayden back when this happened. He told me after school over text that his best friend's, Garrett, ex committed suicide. I knew that Garrett and Ariel dated, but I was praying that it wasn't her. I was shocked when he said yeah to it being her who killed herself. I was just in shock.

I then go on snapchat and see that my close friend, Nayeli, posted a picture of her and Ariel with a caption saying, "I love you Ariel" and containing a heart emoji. I slid up and asked her if Ariel committed suicide. She said yes. I was just in awe. I didn't know what to say. A few of her family members didn't go to school the day after. At school, they announce suicides, it's crazy. 

[A day later] I go to Ariel's house after school, around four, with my grandpa. He knew her dad. I had the chills when I was in her house. There were about 10 people in the house. Random strangers I never met. I sat by the table with her frame on it and a bunch of flowers around it. I said my goodbyes and wished that we had met sooner. I cried right then and there. I was emotional. I couldn't hold myself together.

Later on, Nayeli came to her house with her close cousins. I was upstairs waiting for her to come so I could comfort her and just mourn. I played Tetris in the mean time. I said hello and kept a tissue in my pocket. We then went into the basement.