How I viewed others' Feelings

I saw how others were hurting mentally and physically from Ariel's death. The week the incident happened was a quiet week at school. There were times when people would cry out of nowhere, and would have to step out of the room. It was hard to cope, especially being around other people.

Whenever I saw my friends cry, I gave them comfort. In English class, I sat next to Nayeli. She all of a sudden got hit with the wave. I saw her crying, and then I started crying. We went to the bathroom and comforted each other. We hugged each other and didn't let go until we cried all of our tears out.

You could tell people were shocked and hurt by Ariel's death. People weren't themselves during school, acting quiet and low spirits, especially when they had a class with Ariel. It just knowing she will never be sitting in her spot or hearing her voice again leaves an empty hole in their hearts.

Every month on the day she died, her close friends post a picture of her. I guess that's their way of coping. I find that depressing and repetitive- I feel like it brings back memories that she's gone. Forever. Never coming back. Especially on social media, trying to get attention.