Episode 5- One year later

It's been a year since Gilbert went to New York. Anne has been so sad since that. They lost the contact and that made Gilbert feel worse, she didn't reply his messages or answer his calls anymore. Since that happened, Anne made new friends, now she had Ruby and Tillie, two very good friends of her. Of course she's still being best friends with Diana, and now with Cole too, a guy who's different of everybody, he has something special and Anne knew it, that made her to want even more to be his friend. Since Gilbert was gone, Anne didn't find another love. Everything was exactly the same, less one thing. Cole and Anne were pretending to be dating because Cole didn't want anybody to know he was gay, except Anne. Gilbert was fired, he didn't know what to do so his father told him to come back to Avonlea.
There were 6 days until he catch the plane to go back to Avonlea so he phoned Charlie.

Gilbert: Hey Charlie!
Charlie: Hii! When are u coming back, everyone misses u.
Gilbert: I will be there on 7 days so calm on. How are u, and how's Anne?
Charlie: I'm great, and Anne's too, I'm confused, why did u answered me about Anne after what she did.
Gilbert: What happened with Anne?
Charlie: Oh u don't know it yet... I thought someone told u.
Gilbert: TOLD ME WHAT?
Charlie: After you went to New York, she started dating that new boy, Cole.
*he doesn't answer*
Charlie: GIL? GILBERT BLYTHE? ANSWER ME.
Gilbert: I'm sorry Charlie, I'm just shooked.
Charlie: Ok but when u come back u will recover her, I'm sure u will.
Gilbert: I don't really know of I'm coming back rn...
Charlie: What? For Anne? And what happens with your best friends, Moody and me?
Gilbert: She's not just Anne, she's the love of my life.
Charlie: I got it, "the love of ur life" is actually the person who cheated on u, so instead of coming back, ignore her, and be with ur best friends u prefer staying on New York, sad and alone.
Gilbert: U just don't get it, I can't see her with anyone else who isn't me.
Charlie: Ok so u won't mind if Moody and I get a new best friend.
Gilbert: C'mon Charlie, don't be like that.
Charlie: Don't be like what? You are playing the jealous ex boyfriend rn and that's pathetic, u are just not coming back because a girl cheated on u! C'mon grow up! I THINK IM GOING TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER BEST FRIEND!
Gilbert: DO U KNOW WHAT I DONT MIND! IM TIRED OF U! ARE U OK WITH THAT?
Charlie: IM GREAT WITH THAT!
Gilbert: FINE
Charlie: FINE
*the convo ends*
'I love u Gilbert blythe' said Charlie after fighting with him.

After night, Gilbert decided to go back to Avonlea. He was just going to ignore Anne and trying to fix things with Charlie.

When Gilbert arrived, Anne was talking with Cole, holding hands with him, and their face were too much close, and their lips almost kissing.
When Gilbert closed the door of the class, Anne turned her head. They kept staring each other for seconds without a word said.
'Hey Anne, it's good to see you' said Gilbert.
'We need to talk'
'I know, but first I have to fix a friendship'
So he went to the end of the class, where Charlie was.
'I'm sorry for what I said, I was an idiot, I didn't want you to look for another best friend'
'It's fine it was a silly fight'
'So, do you forgive me?'
'Of course I do' he hugged him. 'We missed you Gil'
'I missed all of you too'
'Hey Gil, what's up dude?' Moody said.
'Moody!! I missed you. I'll talk to you later, now I have something to fix'

'Cole? Can I tell him? He won't judge you and he will understand it.'
'Yes Anne you can, you were so cute together so let's do this.'

'Anne? Can I talk to you?'
'Yes... Let's go outside'
'So, what's going on with Cole and you?'
'I can explain'
'Explain me what? You found someone better than me, I get it'
'Gilbert listen to me!'
'Ok, I'm listening'
'We are "dating" because he's gay, and he doesn't want anyone to know it because if he family discovered it, he wouldn't go out home in years'
'So you are pretending to date him'
'That's it'
'So... can I do this?' he kisses Anne.
'Yes, and can I do this?' he takes Gilbert to the music class and they start making out.
Josie was in her way to the music class, she had to take the violin, when she saw Gilbert and Anne, so she started recording it.