0

Emerson was hiding. Always hiding. Under a mask that fooled people into thinking he was happy. The mask fooled everyone, even his 2 brothers. Emerson had worn this mask so much that he didn't know how to take it off. He didn't know how to tear down the façade and face his emotions.

Emotions were hard. They made him feel, and the mask taught him how to not feel, and so he just never took the mask off. Even so, it had now come to the point where Emerson was sure if the mask did come off, he wouldn't even feel anything; he would just be void of any emotions. It didn't seem so bad, at first thought, to be a social vampire, but the more Emerson thought about it, the more terrified he was becoming. So he kept on the mask, and now it was a permanent fixture and he wasn't sure if it would come off.

Until Maisie came along, she practically ripped off the mask and made him feel things that seemed incomprehensible to his sheltered heart. Then, she left. Taking his heart with her. It was like she preyed on those she knew she could shatter the most. After Maisie, Emerson became worse than he had ever been before. Even his fans started to notice, he couldn't pick up the mask fast enough and now everyone knew how broken he was. Everyone knew how void he was.

\***\

And here is my Palaye Royale book, an Emerson centred story but it will contain a lot of Seb and Rem. I am going to say this now, I'm not writing about the other people that tour with Palaye, that's not the aim of this book. This book is about the band and 3 brothers.

AUTHORS WARNING: A LARGE AMOUNT OF TALK ABOUT DEPRESSION, SELF-HARM, AND EATING DISORDERS. There is a small reference to what would happen if a cut was made too deep. PROBABLY TRIGGERING FOR SOME. I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE CONTENT OF MY BOOK BECAUSE IT IS ALL ABOUT THE ENDING, NOT THE CONTENT.

Side note, the song for this book is (Scene Two) Roger Rabbit, by Sleeping with sirens