7

Im sorry... no authors note, just an apology. Also, listen to this song and the next song, they're awesome.
***

A few weeks had passed since that fateful night and Emerson and Codie had grown significantly closer. Remington and Sebastian had both noticed it. If Emerson was having a nightmare, the first person he would confide in would be Codie, she would speak to him in a hushed voice whilst his brothers watched on.

Sebastian had told Remington countless times to leave it, after all their brother was speaking to someone and not just letting it brew inside of himself, but Remington was furious. He claimed that she didn't have a right and that Emerson should be opening up to his brothers before her. At this point, he was outright ignoring her presence and glaring at every chance he got.

He knew it was childish behaviour, but he couldn't help it. He felt betrayed by his own brother. He and Sebastian were supposed to be the one Emerson confided in, his brothers! Not some stranger who he had known for all of four months. It wasn't fair. All his life he had been Emerson's confidant and had been the brother who was always there. Yes, Sebastian and Emerson were close, but Remington and Emerson had been closer because of their similar ages. So he couldn't help but feel betrayed because of his brother's lack of trust to confide.

Codie, on the other hand, was oblivious to Remington's outright 'dickish' behaviour. She was too busy focusing on other things, like being there for Emerson and eating properly. A few hours after they had returned from the café Emerson had made her eat and then refused to let her go to the bathroom. He was trying to help her like she was helping him.

Even though it had only been a month, she had put on a few pounds, not a lot but enough to show Emerson and herself that she was getting somewhere. She had also found a list of foods that she was able to keep down and not throw up after eating. She wasn't better, far from it, but she was healing and that's all that mattered.

She had no idea why Emerson was trying to help her, he should've been focusing on himself, and getting himself better. She liked how Emerson was confiding in her, she would have preferred if he did it to one of his brothers, but at the end of the day all that mattered was that he was confiding in someone.

"Over there will do, just look to your left, hands in pockets" at the moment she was out with Sebastian who had declared they have a photoshoot. She watched as he pulled the pose and placed her eye against the lens, waiting until the sun hit his face in the right spot to snap the picture. "Same pose, just look towards the camera but above it slightly" Once again she waited for the light to hit his features until taking the picture.

"Let me see. Let me see!" he jumped up and down in front of her like a child waiting for a new toy from their mother. She turned the camera around letting him see the pictures she had taken, and laughed as he clapped his hands in delight.

Codie hadn't spent too much time with Sebastian, he seemed too much for her. She didn't mean it in a bad way, it was just that they had very contrasting personalities. He drank gin and got drunk every night, whilst she preferred to drink water and read a book at night. They were just different. However she could not deny that he wasn't fun to hang around with.

"Okay now sit on the fountain, legs crossed, arm leant on the fountain beside you and look away from the camera" He gave a confused expression at her request, not quite understanding what she wanted him to do, so she went and pulled the pose that she was envisioning. "Got it?" he nodded and proceeded to follow directions.

It had been about an hour since they stopped the photoshoot, and now they were just in the nearby park lay on the grass. The sky was darkening and the air was cooling. It reminded her of the park near her childhood home where she played with her older sister El.