Prologue

James, that's the name that plays in my mind. I can't get it off my head. Day by day, this name consumes my thoughts; it is like a certain person is calling me out in the open.

        "Mommy!" I recognize that angelic voice. It's Abby, my younger daughter, as she approaches me skipping with her tiny graceful feet as her little toes scrunch unto the cold tile floor. "Are we going to visit daddy today?" she asked. "Of course honey, he's already waiting, go and tell your brother Jamie to prepare, we'll leave in an hour."

        Then Abby left the room humming the tune of the lullaby that I sing to them every night to put them to sleep. It's the same lullaby that my mom always sings to me when I was young. Then a wind blew my window open, knocking down the can full of pens off my desk. My pens are scattered at the floor. I let out a silent grunt as I reached out to pick them up.

        My last pen was rolled all the way underneath my cabinet, so I used a stick to grab it. A paper was stuck along the stick. It's a letter. The date that was marked on it was 10 years ago, and that letter was from a person named James. That explains everything, but who is this James, and why is he a part of my life?