Chapter 3

''Oh my god, Melody.. I'm so sorry you had to go through this...'', Elena said with a worried tone in her voice and I sighed as she hugged me. ''You mean the car crash or listening to Damon's flirty jokes in the car?'' Stefan looked with narrowed eyes at Damon, who was drinking a glass of blood. ''What?'', Damon mumbled as he grinned and went upstairs. ''I have to apologize for the behavior of my brother, Melody.. But Damon is just... Damon..'', Stefan said as he walked closer towards Elena and me, I sighed. ''It's okay, I guess...'' It was quiet for some moments until Elena spoke. ''Thanks you wanted to keep an eye on Jer aslong as Stefan teaches me some vampire stuff...'' I shrugged my shoulders. ''It's okay, I'm pretty lonely since Liam left me, spending some time with my cousin could help a little...'' I smiled at them and Elena hugged me again, once to much. ''You can spend the night here, since Jeremy has the house keys and he isn't back until 3 AM..'', she said and I frowned. ''What is he doing?'' ''I don't know, ask him tomorrow. Stefan will show you your room for tonight..'', she said and Stefan smiled a little. I followed him, with my suitcases in my hands to the room, and, bad for me, it was the room next to Damon's. ''So, make it yourself comfortable, and don't shock when Damon is suddenly standing in your room...'' ''Seriously?'', I asked as I crossed my arms, Stefan shrugged his shoulders. ''He did it by Elena.. Just don't worry about it, he won't hurt you...'' Stefan left the room, leaving me and all my stuff in the room. I started to unpack and put everything on the right places. As I turned around, Damon was standing that close to me, I had to take a step back. ''I thought, maybe you needed my help..'' ''I'm already done, but thank you..'', I mumbled, as I shove the suitcases under the bed. He walked away from me and layed down on my bed, putting his hands behind his head to lay a little relaxed. ''What are you doing here, Damon?'', I asked, as I leaned against the wall. ''I already know what you're going to say, or atleast think, cause Elena did the same...'', he started, I already knew where this was going to end. ''Damon...'' ''See? I get it already, I will be the sarcastic dick in town who get's dumped by the girls he falls for. You have no idea how much I get it...'' ''I didn't dump you, Damon.. I just think it could never work between a human and a vampire... You see what happened to Elena. A human and a vampire can't stay together. And I just met you, and... we have a lot in common, but I don't like you as much as you like me.'' After my words, it was silent for a few minutes, until Damon sighed. ''I need a drink..'' In one blink he was gone and I let myself fall down on the bed. It wasn't possible Damon could fall in love with me so fastly, or was it? To much thoughts were flashing through my mind and after half an hour of thinking about a reason, I fell asleep.