Chapter 5

The morning sun was shining through the curtains as I woke up. The first night in Mystic Falls, and I didn't sleep bad. I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling for once, before I would stand up, I let my hand slide over the sheets next to me, the only thing I felt were the sheets, no Damon at all. As I sighed relieved, I stepped out of the bed, pulled some other clothes on and went downstairs. The only ones I saw were Elena and Stefan, I frowned. ''Where is Damon?'', I asked, and Stefan shrugged his shoulders. ''I don't know, went out for hunting, slept with a girl...'', he said and I rolled my eyes. I walked inside the kitchen to take a look at the food they had here. It was a vampire house, so they wouldn't have much human food anyway. I came back with a glass of orange juice and the most simple sandwich you could imagine and sat down at the table. As I was eating, I checked my cellphone. No sign of Damon. I started to worry about him, something in me told me to be worried about him. ''Elena? Is that sister from Klaus where you told me about, perhaps angry at Damon for some reason?'', I asked, and Elena's eyes widened. I sighed and dailed Rebekah's number, Stefan let me have all the cellphone numbers I should need during my stay. I held my phone by my ear as I heard the annoying voice of the Original Barbie. ''Where's Damon, Rebekah...'', I said without even telling who I was, she would find out soon. ''You must be that Melody girl he told me about, Damon is in good hands, darling. Maybe he would have a little bit of pain or something...'' On the background, I heard somebody growling, and the sound of meat on a bbq. ''Let him go, Rebekah. I'm serious...'' ''Let's play a game. You can have him, when I turn you into a vampire. My brother created lots of them, I should take the responsibilty on me now..'', she said and hung up. I layed my phone on the table and Elena sighed. ''I'll go with you, Mel..'' ''No, Elena. I'll go myself..'', I said as I grabbed my jacket, the keys of Damon's car and walked out of the house.