Chapter Twenty

As soon as she closes the door, Caledonia regrets getting in the car. Zayn is  breathing heavily, and has the steering wheel in a white knuckle grip. They don’t say anything for about five minutes until Zayn starts to speak.

            “I don’t want you talking to Michael again.” He tells her. Caledonia huffs.

            “Why?” She asks. Zayn somehow manages to grip the steering wheel harder.

            “I just don’t want you too. I don’t need a reason. Just don’t talk or see him again, Caledonia.” Zayn tells her, softly. Cal gaps at him.

            “You don’t get to tell me what to do.” Caledonia seethes at Zayn. She can’t believe that he is telling her what to do. She turns to look outside of the truck window, and see that they are driving by a grassy plain. The plain leads down a dirt road, which leads to the school.

Caledonia takes one last look at Zayn, and tucks and rolls out of the car. Zayn screams at her, and slams on the brakes, but Caledonia has already rolled to a stop where Zayn’s truck can’t reach. Zayn watches as his mate stands up and runs towards the school, and he slams on the accelerator and drives as fast as he can toward the school.

            Caledonia feels the mud on her as she enters the school, and walks to her locker. She realizes, internally cuss at herself, that she has left her backpack in Zayn’s truck.

            “You’ve got a twigs in your hair.” Luke tells her, picking some of them out with the hand not on Ashton’s shoulder.

            “Your ass is covered in mud, too.” Ashton points out, standing beside Luke.

            “It is still glorious though.” Michael says, shutting her locker door. Caledonia groans. This has to be the worst day ever. Her phone buzzes and it’s Katie telling her that the gang is staying a few more days, and that perks her up a little.

            Caledonia turns her head and sees Marcel Styles walking towards class. She quickly runs up behind him, and spins him around. He looks at her in surprise, but calms when he sees its her.

            “How are you?” She whispers out. She kind of wants to hug him, but she doesn’t.

            “Fine. Totally healed, unlike you.” Marcel says, he gently raises his hand and touches her bruised face. She nods her head, and before she can stop herself she opens her mouth.

            “Zayn is mad at me, I’m mad at him, and I jumped out of his truck. Also what does a Bruxa do?” Caledonia rushes out. Marcel raises his eyebrow in amusement. He smiles at her.

            “Zayn will get over, so will you, and I honestly have no idea what a Bruxa does.” Marcel tells her. Cal huffs. “Here he comes.” Marcel turns his body and goes to class, and Caledonia feels her arm being tugged into the other direction. She looks up to see Zayn pulling her into a broom closet away from the other students. They have fifteen minutes before class, and Caledonia doesn’t want to be late. Or be trapped with a pissed off Zayn Malik. He shuts the door with them inside, and she half expects him to shake her.

            Caledonia doesn’t really want to meet his eyes, but when she does she sees tears in Zayn’s eyes, and her heart breaks.

            “Fuck, Malik.” She whispers, and she launches herself at his chest wrapping her arms around him. He responses instantly and sinks to the ground pulling her into his lap. Zayn buries his head into her shoulders, and breathes in and out slowly. Zayn can’t remember ever feeling this scared.

            “You are so much more of a hassle than you’re worth.” Zayn whispers into her shoulder, and Caledonia chuckles.

            “I’m sorry I jumped out your truck. To be fair it’s not the first time I’ve jumped out of a moving vehicle. ” She mumbled. Zayn hugs her tighter to his body, to the point its almost suffocating.

            “I’m sorry I’m an asshole.” Zayn says, in the same tone. Caledonia pulls up his face, and looks in his eyes. She leans down, and kisses him several times in row and Zayn grins. Caledonia moves off Zayn’s lap, who frowns and drags her closer. Caledonia giggles.

            “Did you bring me my backpack?” She asks, and Zayn rolls his eyes and nods. The bell rings signaling they only have four minutes to class. Caledonia sighs, and stands-helping Zayn off the ground.

            “I need you to come over to my house tonight. The council needs to meet you.” Zayn tells her.

            “Does this have to do with your Alphaship thing?” Cal asks, and Zayn nods.

            “The very same. They need to know that I’ve been mated, so they get the fuck off my back.” Zayn says, bitterly but not at her.

            “How come your pack has a council, but Louis’s doesn’t?” Caledonia asks, as Zayn opens the door and leads them out. He shrugs his shoulders.

            “Every pack is different.” He says, simply. Caledonia makes a hmm noise, and takes Zayn’s hand and swings it on their way to class.

            In the class, she takes her usually seat by Michael. While Zayn takes his seat in the back by Marcel, who smirks. Caledonia pulls out her textbook, and turns to the page on the board.

            “You stink of wolf.” Michael tells her, and without looking up from her book, she murmurs a quiet good. She hears Zayn snicker from the back of the room, and even Michael cracks a smile. A paper sneaks its way on her desk, and she slowly opens it.

Are you okay? She turns and looks to see Calum looking at her. She fights the look of surprise, and writes back.

Yeah, she pauses but decides to ask, Michael told me about you. She sends it back, and a grimace pass over Calum’s face.

About him changing me? Calum writes, and Caledonia nods and sends the paper back.

He feels bad about it.

I know. He was selfish, but he apologized. he writes.

He loves you. So what exactly is your story? Is all she can think to say. Calum’s eyes widened and he looks at her.

I know he loves me, but he took me away from my family. I just can’t. I lived in a small village and I was the best hunter. One day, I was tracking a deer and I ran deep into the forest. I lost the deer, but I noticed a set of human tracks. I stupidly followed them, and they lead me to Michael. He just looked at me, and all of sudden he bit me. I felt him drain the blood and I remember him scream that he was sorry. Then there was darkness.  He writes, and he has this desperate look on his face.

Maybe you need to talk it out. She writes, and Calum smiles at her. She turns in her desk to see Zayn staring at her, and she sticks her tongue out at him, and he looks back down at his paper.

So you and Malik? Calum writes and Caledonia smiles in him response. I’m happy for you.

Thank you. Why didn’t you leave? She writes back.

I just can’t. I need him. Calum writes back, and looks at Caledonia.

I understand. She writes, even though she really doesn’t. And just like that the whispering begins again.

Thank you for reading! Leave you comments, Smoochies!!