Chapter 2

Shayne:

The doorbell rang as Olivia was putting some food on the table.

"Can you get that?" She asked from the dining room.

"Sure" I said pausing my TV show.

I hopped up off the couch and walked over to the front door. I opened it to see a smiling Damien and Boze on the other side.

"Hey guys" I said.

"Hey Shayne" They said in unison.

"Come on in" I said motioning behind me.

Boze and Damien and walked in, as I was shutting the door Damien pulled me aside.

"So how'd it go yesterday?" He asked.

"Uh... suprising to say the least" I said chuckling.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked confused.

"You'll find out later tonight" I said chuckling.

I patted him on the back before going into the living room to hang out.

Time skip...

Pretty soon the get together was at full swing. Everyone was either eating, drinking or chatting with each other. Courtney and Mari were fawning over Jango near the table. Ian and Noah were chatting about some government program. Boze, Damien and Pam were enjoying food while Keith was telling them about his latest idea. Wes and Joven were talking about some new video game. The only person I didn't see was Olivia, I scanned the room until I saw her. She was sitting on the couch on her phone. Probably emailing someone back. I smiled and went over to the couch and sat down next to her. She didn't notice at first until I pulled her close.

"We have such good friends" I said.

"That we do" Olivia said putting away her phone and nuzzling into my side.

"You two lovebirds need a room?" Boze joked from the other part of the couch.

Olivia flicked her off and planted an over the top smooch on my lips.

"Eww" Damien said making a sick face.

I laughed and wrapped my arm around Olivia. I leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"When do you want to tell them?" I asked.

"After dessert" She said.

"Cool" I said turning my attention to the TV.

Olivia flicked me behind the ear.

"Ow" I said rubbing my ear.

"Shayne it's rude to pay more attention to the TV than the party" Olivia said scolding me.

I gave her a sheepish grin and turned to chat with Damien and Boze. Somehow the conversation turned into a debate about who was better at Mario Kart. I told Damien if it weren't for this party I'd whoop his ass with Yoshi. We ended up setting up a time to play against each other on his twitch next week. Boze would be the ref and the winner would get bragging rights and a Chipotle burrito. Olivia tapped me on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Help me get dessert?" She asked.

"Sure" I said getting up.

I followed Olivia into the kitchen and over to the fridge. She opened it and pulled out a large cake.

"Woah when did you have time to get that?" I asked.

"When you were sleeping in" She said.

Olivia took the plastic cover off the cake and I realized there was writing on the cake in icing.