Chapter 11: T

"Jade c'mon I wanna go dance!" Brooke pulled on my shirt. I could barely understand her words since they gradually became heavilly slurred. Her favorite electronic song "Summer" came on and she jumped and she pulled me to giant hoard of people. Despite her stuggle I relented. I had to find a lemon so I could try to sober her up.
"No Brooke. We have to go to the kitchen."
"Jaaadddddeee nooooo," I grabbed her arm and easily dragged her back to the kitchen. Pushing pots and pans in the cupboards I found two lemons. I quickly cut them with my pocket knife and shoved one into her mouth. But being Brooke, she spit it back into my hand with a good amount of her saliva.
"Brooke! Ugh, gimme one sec," I turned around to find a sink to wash her spit off of me. But that was a big mistake.
By the time I had turned back around to try to make her eat the lemon, she disappeared. I ran back into the living screaming her name and searching for any sign of her. Then I heard a loud "Wooooo yeah!" I jerked my head to the crowd nearest the spiral stairs and found Brooke sitting on top of it. She jumped down onto what seemed to be a platform and began dancing. The people cheered and clapped their hands chanting, "GO GO GO GO.' I pushed my way through the mass.
"Brooke what are you doing?" At her quick glance she smiled and pulled me up on the platform. I stood there and looked out to what seemed like a million people jumping and chanting all in unison. I turned to Brooke and mouthed, "You're crazy."
Out loud she responded, "I know!" She started to dance the routine from Step Up 3 which we had learned years ago, since we were practically in love with the movie. But I couldn't help but to join in. The crowd screamed even louder in excitment. Soon the laser lights landed on us to hightlight the moment. Once we finished with a pose, clapping rose from the pit of people spilling their drinks and stepping on people's feet while jumping. Brooke grabbed my hand and raised it as if I were a boxer. Laughing, I went along with it and bowed, and she did the same. A moment later I jumped off the stage and escorted her off. We ran into another little hallway that opened behined the staircase.
Eventually we bursted into an empty room that might be a guest room. I ran and jumped on top of the bed and Brooke leaned back on the door to close it. We looked at each other for a second or two then burst out into laughter.
"Oh my god that was awesome!"
"I know right! And you wanted to sober me up!"
"Brooke it's because you lose it if you're not sober." She got up and crawled on top of the bed with me then pulled me down to her face.
She whispered in my ear shakily, "Who cares?" I sat back up and fixed my shirt. She got off of the bed and drunkenly walked over to the nightstand. She messed with the little compartments and then slid under the bed.
"Brooke you shouldn't be messing around under there," worried I tried to grab her ankle and pull her out but she jerked it under far enough to where I couldn't.
"And why not?"
"Um hello? It's not our house Brooke."
She peeked her eyes out and raised and eyebrow, "Our house?"
I crossed my arms, "You know what I mean Brooke." She quickly slid back under and kept rummaging through who knows what.
"He let us in his house, plus, he won't find out." I ran my hand through my hair frustradedly and groaned. Then i suddenly heard a loud thump and sat up alarmed.
"Brooke are you okay?" She crawled out holding her head and a small box.
"I think I found a clue to a lot of money." She handed me the small black box. It had a small seel on it that I easily peeled off. Inside was a small letter that read:
If you have found this, you are the closest to finding the big prize! All you have to do now is go past the school and dig under the oak tree labeled "Class of 2000 and FOREVER". Once you've found it, return here. Good Luck!
- MP
"Do you know what this means?"
Rubbing her head she looked back at me, "I think it means the drink wore off and I'm sober."
I rolled my eyes, "No, not that. It means we can find the money!" She shrugged and layed face down on the bed.
"Fine let's go get Tyler.....and a few more of those drinks," she said muffled. I opened the door and she trudged out. We found Ty as he began to chug down what seemed to be 2 whole liters of something. Once he finished the algebera girl and a few other people clapped and patted his back. When he saw us he kissed Ms. Algebra and ran over to us.
"Hey whats up!" I showed him the letter and his face immediatly became serious. He nodded and lead us out the door.
"So how are we gonna get there?" Both me and Ty looked at Brooke. Sadly though, she said she left her old skateboard at Subway and her other ones were at her house, which was way too far away.
So yeah, we were in a pickle.
Until, our prayers were answered.
"My uncle lives right across the streets, and SELLS BIKES FOR A LIVING." It only took one second before we started sprinting across the streets. Tyler knocked on his door and went inside. About 10 minutes later Tyler came out of the garage with three black bikes. Pedaling down the street we quickly pass all the stores and finally pass the school. But we come to a confused halt.
"Um, Jade. You see what I see right." I nod slowly in disbelief. But Brooke says it for me.
"THIS PLACE IS PRACTICALLY A FOREST FULL OF OAK TREE!!!!"