Chapter 5

Vegeta rolled over in bed and grumbled.

I can't believe this.

He was supposed to be livid at being violated last night. Right? Touching the Prince of all Saiyans when fighting wasn't involved was a big no-no, and last night's little 'bath session' had tested his limitsHe was supposed to be holding a grudge until the end of time because of that cute incident. Longer if possible. And it didn't matter if Goku tried to make amends by showing him that damn book.

But when he woke up only a few minutes ago, he looked over at Goku, expecting a rush of annoyance, paired along with a fresh migraine. Instead, a single thought popped into his head.

Kakarot is adorable when he sleeps.

Goku was curled into a ball, his head almost touching the top of his withdrawn knees. His eyelashes glittered a bit in the breaking light of dawn, soft and barely kissing his smooth cheeks. While half his face was buried in the pillow he held protectively, Vegeta could easily see that Goku's lips were parted enough to let escape a soft snore. His spiky hair looked even more of a mess than usual.

Fuck.

The image was disgustingly cute.

I've been inside of this place for too long. Yes, that was a perfect excuse for finding Goku to be cute and cuddly-looking, both words Vegeta thought hadn't even existed in his vocabulary. He pulled himself out from under the bed sheets and swung both legs over the side of the mattress. He looked over his shoulder and pretended to assess the amount of light outside, only to bring his attention back to Goku. The larger Saiyan was smiling.

"Mmm..." Goku stretched in his sleep and rolled over, away from Vegeta's stare.

I wonder what Earth's Savior dreams about? Vegeta turned his head away from Goku and stared at the floor. He most definitely had been spending too much time in the house.

Beside the bed he noticed a small bag bearing the Capsule Corp logo. Goku had stopped by to talk to Bulma yesterday, he remembered. He reached forward to get the bag, expecting pain in his muscles. Nothing but a bit of stiffness. Excellent,he thought. The suppositories had worked, even though he had taken them by mouth. As ass-backwards that scenario had been.

Haha. Ass-backwards.

He grabbed the bag and rambled through it, picking out a t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. I guess the woman thought it would be funny if I went commando. There wasn't one pair of underwear in the bag. Shrugging, he slid on the clothes and pair of boots he kicked off the day before. Without a second thought, he walked out of the room, through the hallway, and straight outside. The entire house felt stuffy and constricting, and he tired of it.

The brightness of outside struck him with a force; impulsively, he winced trying to get used to the light. The air was filled with the smell of wet grass and salty water. The shore wasn't too far from the house, and a strong breeze was blowing away a layer of clouds along with the smell of sea.

Going off of memory, he walked around the house to the outer reaches of the property. Instead of a backyard, he saw miles of rolling green hills that bled into a long rock ledge. Beyond that was ocean water. Plenty of room for simple sparring, meaning nothing that would lead to mass destruction. He figured Goku went to another location to do more intensive types of training. If anything, he was content that Goku wasn't living in any kind of squalor while living alone.

He found a nice spot a few hundred yards from the house where the grass was springy and sparse of beach pebbles. He stretched a bit, and started to practice a few basic stances to test his balance and strength. Marking time by the slow change in the position of the sun, he figured an hour had passed when he decided to stop. He'd already built up enough energy to attack at near-lightning speed.