Chapter 10: The Welshman's Wedding

Author's Note: 

I won't waste your time by saying something right now. We will leave it for the end of the chapter. Vote Vote Vote and happy reading to all. 

Love,

Mishty

************************************

It was a beautiful day for a wedding and for Lady Elyssande it had finally arrived

It was a beautiful day for a wedding and for Lady Elyssande it had finally arrived. After months of waiting and planning, the day had finally dawned when she would marry her knight. Her knight, she thought giddily. How was she ever going to get through the day knowing what the night held for her? She got up and looked out the window to see the place she would call her own after today. The green that was spread throughout the country could almost blind you on a sunny day and although there weren't any clouds, the wind that was blowing was piercing her bones with the chill. Her husband's family owned a castle bigger than hers and thought back on what Henry had told her all those months ago. The poor man had no idea that Torryn's family owned more lands than Henry's ancestors could ever hope for. He just wasn't an arrogant man, hiding behind wealth or being corrupted by it.

A sudden sound of bustling behind her told her that Torryn's sisters and mother had arrived and with Marion would be helping her get dressed. If she had ever missed the presence of a mother, she wasn't anymore because Torryn's mother had welcomed her with such warmth and openness that she had felt as if she was her own. Marion was glad that her mistress was getting married in such a household. She was much more glad to know that Lady Roderick was a Norman. In Marion's eyes, that was what had tipped the scales in Sir Torryn's favor.

Slowly in front of the polished mirror she saw herself getting alive, becoming a bride for the one. She was finally going to belong to him. In heart she was already his and he was already hers and these were just rituals that were going to make them acceptable to the world. She smiled as her sister in law put a small wreath of baby-breaths on her head like a tiara and gave her a smile that lit up the room. She slowly got up and thanking everyone, swept out of the room regally with Marion sniffing up in her wake.

The wedding was a simple affair, over much sooner than she had hoped and then the feast started. She thought back on all those months they had to overcome before marrying. Torryn had stayed in Castle Durand, courting her, showing her all the ways he could love her. She had never been happier and knew so many happier days were to come now. There were some noblemen who had created troubles over Torryn and Henry's tournament. They were not pleased that a young noble had been defeated by a simple Welsh knight. But with constant support of Sir Legolas and surprisingly by Lord De Verley himself, the obstacles were overcome soon and now felt like a minor discomfort in the past. 

All through the evening and the feast, the newly married couple was toasted many times. Elyss saw her father merry with Sir Legolas as she had never seen before. She laughed all through the festivities, at the jugglers and the magician that had been the same on the night they had met. The ones she had missed to see when she had fled from Torryn. He had somehow managed to find them and get them to perform.

A quick electrifying touch from his side told her that her husband was ready to escape the festivities that would go on the whole night and with many guffaws and lots of innuendos the young couple left for their bedchambers.

She stood washed in candlelight, just as the night she had come to him, asking him to take her in the most primal way. She was here now, in his home, as his wife and he would take her tonight like he had intended to do that night. He sighed in contentment. She was finally his; He was finally hers and because it was meant to be, they had met once upon a night not long ago to share the kiss that mated them, bound them to each other. He thought of that as he pulled her close for a passionate kiss that would complete them. 

And they lived Happy Ever After...

************************************
Author's Note:

Oh My God! I can't believe it's done! I actually, truly completed a book! I am so damn glad about it! Thank you so much for all your love and support and for making this an amazing experience for me too. I hope that everyone who reads this book some time later that they too would like the experience that some of us felt while this was being written.

Some IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1. I am working on another book (this time a novel) and it too is a historical novel. Hopefully it won't be all PG. I will be uploading it somewhere around January end or the beginning of February, sondo keep your feelers out for it.

2. The Wolfe Chronicles is getting a new update soon as I want to complete that book too. I feel very motivated after writing this one. So hopefully the goodness of this will rub on that one too.

Happy Reading till the next time.

Love,

MishtyBh