chapter 4

*Ruki's POV*

I've been thinking  of saving Akira for quite some time now.

Everything is becoming worst. Cuts and bruises just keeps on appearing on his skin and it doesn't even have the chance to heal before a new one appear. It breaks my heart seeing Akira cry as he hug my doll self in his arms. I knew I have to do something but what could I do? Kill her knowing that Akira will have no where to go and would end up in some orphanage only to be adopted by some assholes again.

I sighed as he fell asleep while holding me. Its been days since he had been crying himself to sleep. I changed to my human form and tucked him under the blanket, making sure that I wasn't putting any pressure on the part that hurts...

When suddenly, he opened his eyes and stared at me...

I was caught off guard...

I can't even change back to my doll self in time to hide...

He was just staring at me...

"You?... Who are you? Are you the one treating my wounds?" He weakly said but I couldn't speak. I just stared at him as he hold my hand and look into my eyes. "You... looks like Ruki...but how?..." he said and i sighed.

I should tell him the truth now...

"That's because I'm Ruki..." I said and he smiled and I was shocked. He was supposed to hate me.. get scared... Not  smile at me...

"I thought that I should be scared of you since you feel alive and moves to places... I mean... You won't hurt me or kill me like what chucky or anabelle do, right?" He said and though, I don't know who he was  referring to, I nodded. I can't hurt him...unless...

"I won't hurt you..." I promised as he smiled again.

"You really are so pretty and doesn't even looks like a doll... I've never seen anyone as pretty as you before. I hope it was okay if we will be friends. I was not allowed to go out so I knew no one. I'll be really happy if you'll say yes." He chuckled and shyly hid half of his face under the blanket.

I didn't expect him to be this cheerful and just accept the fact that i'm a doll who comes to life. He even wants to be friends with me.

"I'll be your friend then..." I said as he jumped up and hugged me.

"Thank you..." He said and heartbreaking sobs could be heard coming from him.

"Akira?..." I said as he hugged me tighter.

He just remained crying like that till he fall asleep. I didn't change back to my doll self so when he woke up, I was there and greeted him.

"I thought that I was just dreaming... It was all TRUE!" He whispered yell enthusiastically and hugged me.  "My bestfriend..." He said and I simply nodded.

At least... he accepts me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*10 years had passed*

I had killed the woman and made it appear like a suicide. I didn't consume her. I don't find her appealing for my taste buds.

When police came to investigate as to see why the woman no longer goes to work or could be contacted, they found Akira beaten up inside the basement and the woman dead inside the bathroom with slits on her wrists. They immediately assumed it was child abuse basing on the fact he could barely move and was covered in bruises and wounds. They treat him and brought him to an orphanage after he had recovered. As for the woman, she is dead so they can't charge her with anything and simply considered it 'suicide'.

I was happy though, since Akira didn't let them take him away without me with him that night. I was at my doll self at that time. I don't want anyone see me other than him. I was glad that he never let me go and whenever no one else is around, I'll be there and comfort him through  it all.

The police was puzzled, though. When they found out that the call was from inside the house , they started looking for a man named 'Ruki'...

They didn't find him though...

Ten years had passed since then...

 Akira had grown into a very handsome young man...

Just like how Reita looks like...

He was also orphaned to a new family with two fathers. Their  names were Kouyou and Yuu . They  are kind and took care of Akira a lot. They made Akira a happy child once again and i'm happy for him...

Akira is now going to a University and he is doing great... though I hate it when he started speaking about this friend called 'Kai'...

I'm not jealous about him since it has been decided that Akira is mine no matter what... even if Akira knows nothing about it...

Akira told me that he loves me and i'm believing him... Though, I knew it doesn't mean the same as my 'I love you' for him...

I don't care though... It doesn't matter what he means...

He is mine no matter what... and he loves me...

...That's all that matters...