The Way You Look Tonight

Bradley

I can still remember the sweet scent of her perfume from that warm September night.

We sat in the early hours of the morning on the balcony of our suite on the highest bookable floor of the Plaza Hotel. She had hiked up her wedding dress, her legs stretched out across mine, as she affectionately caressed the back of my head.

I pressed kisses up her neck and her lips, running my fingers down her legs.

She had pulled her soft blonde hair away from her face, her lips still pink with a lipstick stain.

Every so often we would pause for a few moments to look back out over Central Park and the New York City skyline, the hum of traffic down below barely audible from all the way up there.

Eventually the pull and desire of our bodies could not help but come closer and closer. She had looped her legs around my waist, and as our kiss deepened, I carried her back into the bedroom.

That day in September was special, and it will always remain one of the best days of my life.

We were married just downstairs in the Plaza's ballroom, in our favorite city, surrounded by our family, and the people who loved us most.

Even all these years later, it still feels surreal. Surreal that after it all, we really had ended up together.

I felt almost no apprehension that day. The only anxiousness I felt was to begin the rest of my life with the woman I loved. I felt completely at ease, as if the final pieces of our puzzle were finally being pieced together.

I had put on her favorite cologne, and slicked my hair back just like she liked it.

This was a celebration of a dream I was not sure would ever be reality. This love that had always been nestled so evidently inside me, which had seemed so obvious to everyone but me.

But when the day came that I finally caught up, my life changed forever.

When I looked up and saw her for the first time, it felt like all the breath had been taken from my lungs.

She was... I still cannot seem to find the words to describe the way she was that day. Her beauty transcended any earth like creature I had ever seen.

I could have never imagined that all these years later that awe that I felt then would still feel as fresh today.

My knees felt weak as she approached, but when I reached out my hand to meet hers, the warmth of her touch sent shockwaves through my body.

Countless eyes were on us, but when I pulled away her veil and she looked up at me with that smile... ugh that smile... it felt like we were the only people in the room.

I needed no confirmation that I was so madly in love with her, in my heart, I knew it the minute I met her, but when we recited our vows, and she placed the gold band on my ring finger, a whole new sensation of love I did not even know was possible took over my body.

We sealed it all with a kiss, and that night we celebrated our new state of bliss.

We danced, ate to our hearts content, and smeared cake on one another, but one of the most memorable moments of the night for me was when I sang to her.