Paddy x Reader - Blind Date (Part 1)

Y/N’s POV

“Y/n, you’re going whether you like it or not.”  My friend yelled at me.  She’s forcing me to go with her on her date saying that her new boyfriend is also bringing a friend.  My friend F/n, is a cheerleader.  I don’t particularly like them but I love F/n to death.  Along with my hatred towards cheerleaders, I really hate football players.  

And guess who F/n is dating!  A football player! You know, the typical middle school and high school couple.  And from that you can assume that his friend is also some jock football player that would dump me for another girl if we ever got together.

I’m one of those people who is like a class clown, friends with a handful of people, acquaintances with most, and despised by a lot.  I mean, I am a very funny person, I would rather be at a park swinging with a friend instead of skating with a bunch of moody teenagers running into me.

But that’s just me.  Anyways,  like I said before, my friend is taking me on a double date like thing and I’ll have to watch her make out with her boyfriend while I try not to come off as an awkward turtle to his friend.

Fun.

“Yeah, but I am NOT wearing a dress!  Or anything pink!”  I yelled back.  “Fine! But you’re not going to look like you just came from a funeral!”  She said pointing a finger at me.  She was going through my closet to pick an outfit for me to wear. 

We have about half an hour till we need to leave and I’m still denying half the things she suggests I wear.  “Now get over here and help me look for something for you to wear!”  F/n yelled at me again. 

“I still don’t get why you and your boyfriend just go on a date by yourselves instead of dragging me and some other person into it.”  I said getting off my bed and walking towards my wardrobe.

“Because you could use a boyfriend!  And Adam (Random boyfriend name I’m using for this) says that he’s really nice and that you’d like him.  You just need to understand that this is best for you and I will not let you die single!”  She said looking through my closet again.

“I don’t need a boyfriend.” I defended myself looking at the clothes she was shoving against my closet wall.

“N/n, you complain all the time about how you’re lonely and no guy wants you.”  She said glaring back at me with a raised eyebrow.

I just looked away blushing.  “I don’t want a guy to be forced into going on a date with me though.  I want him to do it on his own free will.”  She just sighed and pulled out a gray long sleeved shirt and held it against my figure.

“Wear this and I’ll get a black skirt for you to wear.  And he wants to do this.  You know, you talked to him one time.  He really liked talking to you.”  She smiled at the end.

I took the shirt from her hands and smirked.  She walked around me looking through my dresser for a skirt that she most likely won’t find.  I took off my red t-shirt and put on the gray one, making a mess out of my hair as I did so.