Chapter 26

Flight 113 has landed.

Waiting by Gate 7 in Heathrow my heart starts pounding furiously. I can feel beads of sweat form just under my hairline and my palms getting clammy. 

I see him expose himself, cameras go off like fireworks. He has an Avengers ball cap on and that over-worn but completely sexy leather jacket. In a few more hours, I'll be here again only to see my petite mother rush through the crowd.

My natural instinct is forcing me to smile. My face lighting up as he steps closer as our eyes meet from 20 feet apart and his face creases at the mouth and he winks. 

It has been two weeks since we last spoke but before he heads to Russia for the premiere, he's coming home to see me. "Marie." he sighs as I fly into his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck as he kisses mine softly, the smell of his cologne penetrating my nostrils with the most glorious of scents.

It was a relief to see him and the fact I didn't have to cry wolf to get him here, made it even more special. "I'm so glad you're here, even if it is for a few days." I only kiss him on the cheek trying to shy away from being too aggressive since there are cameras all around us.

Tom holds my hand, leading me to the VIP club in the airport so we can wait for my mom's arrival. "You look stressed Marie. I wish I didn't have to leave you this long so I could help relieve the stress from the wedding." He scoots his chair closer to me, wrapping one arm around my shoulders before planting a kiss on my cheek.

"It's your job, Tom that comes first. I understand your obligations." I let out a sigh before fiddling around with my hands. Tom looks at me, an expression of disbelief shadowing his face. "YOU are my obligation. My job is simply just a job; you are my life, okay? You need to get that through your think skull.”

That sounds like something my mother would say. Ugh, Thomas!

"Yes sir, jeez. I'm just saying that I understand what your work entails and I'm perfectly capable with dealing with your constant absence when need be." I cross my arms, looking at the chrome clock hanging on the wall by the VIP bar. Tom just nods his head, avoiding an unnecessary argument.

I felt relieved that he now knows he doesn't need to baby me; I'm his fiancée, not his child. Three hours go by before we venture out into the busy terminal. My mom's flight just pulled up and people are slowly making their way out. Luckily Tom is 6'2", he can see over the sea of people. 

"There she is!!" Tom points out, grabbing his bag and my hand as he maneuvers his body in and out of the passing bystanders. "Nina! Tom! My dears..." she gasps loudly as Tom picks her up in an embrace; nearly a foot separates their heights. Honestly, it's so adorable to see my mom take a liking to Tom and vice versa.

"Mami! Tan contenta de que estes aqui!!" I bend down to hug her 5'2" frame, her hair smelling of lavender. She kisses both my cheeks in traditional Spanish fashion. "Nina, you are glowing. Is there something you want to tell me?" She nudges the side of my stomach, winking mischievously. 

"No mom. Nada. Could be just sweat; boy is it hot in here." Tom looks at us confused as if he had no idea what my mom was referring to. I can't believe she'd think I was pregnant. 

As we gather my mom's bags, we have a car waiting for us outside which just so happens to be surrounded by insane fangirls who are just as much in love with Tom as I am. He opens the door to the car, helping us in before turning his back with the car door slightly open as he begins signing some autographs.

This man. I though. He always makes times for his fans. Incredible. He promised them only 10 minutes but 20 later he finally slide into the car, waving to fans as we leave.