Chapter 8

Fucking Yamcha. What a piece of shit. Goku had never felt this angry before eating breakfast. Vegeta stood at the stove cooking for him and Goten, a cheerful hum under his breath. The Prince's mood was uncharacteristically chipper, which made Goku even more irritated. Goku was supposed to feel happy too, dammit! Tonight he planned to surprise Vegeta with their big date, but all he could focus on was how Yamcha put the moves on his Vegeta. Had the man no respect for Goku after all these years? Did he think he could just get away with what he did? Goku didn't even know Yamcha liked men, but the reveal didn't matter. He'd touched what was his, and now he had to pay.

Vegeta didn't know what Goku was capable of doing. The Prince truly underestimated how serious Goku took their relationship, and how far he'd go to defend it. Maybe he should give the bastard a visit this morning, just to clear his head. Put the fear of Kami in him. That'll show him not to fuck with a Son.

"Kakarot, why are you growling at your food?"

Goku blinked and looked down at his plate. Before him sat a steaming pile of scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes. Vegeta was an excellent cook. His stomach growled. "Sorry!" He wiped away the dire expression from his face with a stupid grin. "I got lost in my thoughts for a second there."

Goku waited for the predictable quip from Vegeta, but it never came. Vegeta just tilted his head in confusion. "Whatever." He sat down and ate.

Angrily, Goku shoveled the food down his throat. How should he punish Yamcha? Of course, he'd ask him a few questions first. Then maybe he'd smash some of those pretty baseball trophies he kept on display. Maybe he'd even break a window, and dangle Yamcha outside it like he was in an action movie. Once Yamcha begged for forgiveness, only then he would pull him back inside to spare his life. Sure, Yamcha knew how to fly, but that didn't matter! Maybe Goku could even add another scar to his stupid face—

"Frowning isn't becoming of you." Vegeta stroked Goku's cheek.

"Oh! Sorry!"

They finished breakfast in short haste. Goten charged out of the kitchen, yelling about how he was meeting up with Trunks. Goku figured his son didn't want to stick around to gauge Vegeta's reaction. He hoped his son was having an easier time than him at the whole relationship thing…or whatever it was the boys shared together.

Abrupt, Goku stood up from the table. "I've got some errands to run."

"Really. Like what?" Still in a good mood, Vegeta gave him a sly glance. He was genuinely curious.

Goku winked. "It's a secret." He kissed Vegeta on the forehead, who grunted in response. "I'll see ya later, Veggie."

"Don't call me that."

Goku grinned, and pressed his fingers to his forehead. He concentrated on the location of Yamcha's apartment, and instantly transmitted himself through space. He wasn't fucking around. There was no time for flying.

He appeared in front of Yamcha's door. His fist met with the wooden paneling of the door several times. Seconds later, the door opened and Yamcha stood before him. His eyes were half-lidded and hazy from sleep. His silk pajamas were slightly wrinkled.

"Heeey, Yamcha." Goku walked forward and let himself into the apartment.

Yamcha stumbled and walked backwards to keep his distance from Goku. "Hey buddy. Is something the matter?"

Is something the matter? He can't be serious! Goku cracked his knuckles. Yamcha kept backing away until he bumped into the couch. He tumbled and fell onto the cushions. "Vegeta told me something interesting last night."