Chapter 10

Several hours later, Goku lay awake in bed, staring at the bright northern lights above them. The sun wouldn't rise in this part of the world for months. The thought soothed him. There was no daybreak to wash away the events of last night.

He glanced over at Vegeta. Drool drifted down the side of his mouth. His gentle face crushed into the pillow. Vegeta normally woke up before he did, so it was a rare sight to see the Prince in such a vulnerable state. A soft snore made him stir in his sleep. He rolled over so his back faced Goku.

Goku pulled himself from the warmth of the bed to start the day. Well…it was still dark outside. But he felt well-rested enough to know he'd be bored if he stayed in bed. Once the last bit of the duvet slid away from his body, the cold grasped at his skin like a pair of claws. "Shit!" he yelled. His eyes bulged, and he looked over at Vegeta in fear. He was still asleep.

Why would Vegeta turn the fireplace off?! Goku grumbled and marched over to the other end of the room to start the fire again. Sighing, he sat on his haunches until the warmth burned through the cold at his fingertips and toes. There was a giant bearskin rug in the middle of the floor, and it felt heavenly against his bare feet.

He'd never been able to adapt to the cold. Briefly he wondered if there were any jackets in the closet they could borrow for later.

He looked down at the tent in his underwear. And what should I do about this little problem?

Vegeta's pleas earlier in the night hadn't fallen upon deaf ears. Goku wanted him. Badly. He'd dreamt about how it would feel to be inside of his lover, giving him every inch of himself in hopes Vegeta would love it just as much. Images of sweet, tender lovemaking filled Goku's brain. All he had to do was shake Vegeta awake to have his way with him!

I've got to get these thoughts out of my head. He peeled his clothes off and headed to the bathroom. It took a few minutes, but eventually the cold water shooting out of the shower head turned hot. The warm wetness on his skin was a pleasure. After the shower, he brushed his teeth with the complimentary brushes wrapped in plastic near the sink. Back in the main cabin, he pulled his underwear back on and let the heat from the fireplace thaw him out even further.

"Kakarot." A groggy voice called from behind him.

"Hey, sleepy head." Goku gave a shy wave from in front of the fireplace.

Vegeta fluttered his eyes open. "Is there a shower here?"

Goku pointed toward the bathroom door. "Thataway."

Vegeta dragged himself out of bed. He nearly fell to the floor like a dead weight. Goku jumped up to support him, but Vegeta clicked his tongue. "I'm fine." He stumbled, sleepy, to the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind him.

Goku searched the floor for Gohan's digital watch. The shiny face gleamed back at him to reveal the time. It was technically 9AM, even though it was pitch dark outside. Maybe Vegeta would like to have breakfast in town? Drowsiness grasped at him again. He rolled over onto the floor like a cat, and let the slow heat warming his body take over him. Things couldn't get much better than this.

"Wake up, Kakarot." Soft finger tips trailed against his hip.

Goku opened his eyes. "Mmm?"

Next to him kneeled Vegeta. A white bath towel was wrapped around his slim waist. "Kakarot," he repeated as a whisper. He pressed his flat palm against Goku's chest. "I need you."

"Need me…for what?" Goku was fully awake now, and knew perfectly well what Vegeta needed.

"I want to feel you inside of me." Vegeta let his nails trail along Goku's pectorals. The sensation shot straight to Goku's groin. "I want to go the whole way."