12. The Christmas Carol Part 1

It was a snowy afternoon over Toadtown and it was almost Christmas. It was Christmas Eve and toads all over the Mushroom Kingdom were getting ready for Christmas. At the Town Square, the clock tower bells sounded as the clock struck 4 pm. After much argument during the holiday, the session was dismissed in gridlock.

As the ministers walked out many ignored each other and toads in the Town Square were busy doing last minute shopping. At the castle, Princess Peach was very stressed by the news at Parliament. Her phone began to ring and she picked it up annoyed.

"What do you want," said Peach rudely.

"Um excuse me I was inviting you for dinner tomorrow," said Daisy annoyed.

"Idk I'll tell you later," said Peach hanging up.

Daisy grumbled and wondered what had gotten into Peach. As the afternoon progressed the sun moved behind the clouds and began to set over a snowy Toadtown. Toad was scrubbing the marble floor excited because in a few hours it was going to be Christmas. He continued scrubbing the floor when an angry Peach came downstairs.

"Merry Christmas Peach," said Toad cheerfully.

"Merry what I DON'T CARE THAT"S CHRISTMAS," screamed Peach.

She kicked the bucket and, soapy water wet the marble floor. Toad looked up upset he could not believe the behavior of the princess.

"Also Toad you and all the staff are coming for Christmas tomorrow," said Peach sourly.

Toad was shocked and finished cleaning up and then went home. Toad had told Mario about Peach's behavior and he decided he would have a talk with her on Christmas morning. Mario and Toad both wondered what had gotten into the Princess.

After dinner Peach had gone to bed before midnight. As she slept soundly the clock ticked midnight over Toadtown and the clocktower sung in the bleak night sky. Princess Peach continued to sleep and in her bedroom. Sparkle dust began to form away from her bed and a ghost toadette appeared.

The toadette fluttered down to the floor and her chains dragged on the floor. She arrived at the side of the bed

"Wake up, wake up," said the toadette.

"Huh," said Peach sleepy

She turned around and opened her eyes and screamed as she saw the ghost.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," screamed Peach. .

She tried running and suddenly Peach ran into the wall and fell backward and screamed.

"Peachy," said the faded orange toadette confused.

"Sol," asked Peach confused?

"Peachy it's me, my dear friend, please I plead and beg you. Do not be like me all these chains of stress and selfishness. I don't want you to be trapped in Game Over with chains," said the orange toadette worried.

"Well I don't care if I am no one cares about my Christmas and neither should you," said Peach bluntly.

Peach got up and walked to the balcony doors and opened the curtain grandly.

"That is all mine you see," said Peach coldly.

"Fog," asked the orange toadette.

"NO, A KINGDOM," screamed Peach!

"Peach please my mother always reminded me of what a failure I was. For never marrying the Prince from the Mushroom Isles don't be influenced," said Sol.