Special Chapter

Ichinose Guren

"Ah Guren, you're here. Excellent," Kureto announced when he noticed Guren entering his office. Guren walked towards the other male and sat down in front of him. "Why the hell did you summon me here for?" Kureto answered, "A mission. It'll be fast if there are no casualties." Guren responded, "What kind of mission are you speaking about?"

"I want you and your team to retrieve something for me, a very important object." Guren sighed, "Why my team if it's so important then?" Kureto explained, "I have too many important paperwork to do and gatherings to attend. If I were to disappear suddenly, people will, of course, know my absence."

"And what's wrong with people knowing?" Guren demanded. Kureto replied, "This object I want you to retrieve." The male hesitated before continuing, "It's a very powerful yet unstable object. Fall into the wrong hands, and we may have to say farewell to our lives." Guren frowned, "What's the object?"

Kureto got out of his comfy seat and stood up. Guren watched as he marched to a drawer and pulled out a rust-colored colored file. He then put the file on the table, in front of the ravenette. "Everything you need to know is in this file," Kureto stated. Just as Guren tried to touch the file, Kureto intervened, "You can look at it later."

Guren pulled back his hand, "Fine." Kureto then rested back on his chair, "Now, let's talk about what you're going to do there and how you're getting inside."

"Ugh, so we're here just to retrieve a couple of syringes filled with something we don't know about and don't need to know according to Kureto?" Goshi spoke in an annoyed tone. "Yeah," Guren responded while staring at the view outside the vehicle window. "What do you think is inside the syringes, Guren-sama?" Sayuri asked. "I don't know. Kureto said it's powerful and dangerous, also that if the vampires get their hands on it, we're doomed." Shinya released a laugh, "Well shit." Shigure then questioned, "How long will it take until we arrive, Shinya-sama?"

"Hmm, about half an hour more," Shinya replied. Half an hour passed and they eventually reached the location. "Out of all the places, why here?" Goshi swallowed. The team was currently looking at an abandoned hospital. The place was about thirty years old and held quite an odd past. "Why? What's wrong with this place?" Mito questioned in confusion. Shinya responded in a joking tone, "There are ghosts inside." Guren groaned, "No there aren't any ghosts. Stop fooling around." Shinya smirked, "Fine. Fine."

"From what I've learned, this place was a high-tech hospital before we were even born. To gain more recognition, the one who builds this hospital agreed on handling mentally ill persons from an asylum in the south part of this hospital, which was off limits except for the ones worked there." Guren answered. Mito asked, "What happened after that?" Goshi responded, "My dad said that one day, after five months, everyone in this hospital died except the people that came from the asylum. They left their rooms and brutally murdered everybody around, it was all captured on a CCTV. Though, when the policemen got there, no one was there."

"So they escaped?" Shigure asked. "Who knows?" Goshi shrugged his shoulders. Guren sighed, "Enough story time, let's go." Guren and his team marched forward with cautious steps, wariness in their eyes. They then stopped right in front of the main entry, Shinya commented, "What if an enemy is already inside? We're just asking for suicide, stepping straight into the main lobby." Guren agreed, "Then what's your plan?"

"Well, we could go there," Goshi pointed to a blue door not far away from the main entrance. Guren sighed, "Fine, let's just go already. But be prepared." The team quickly summoned their weapons and walked forward. Shinya then slowly opened the door, which was surprisingly unlocked. The area beyond the door was messy. And by that, really messy. The carpet was ripped to shreds, and the walls had dried blood hand prints. "Ugh, it smells here," Mito stated.