Chapter 2 : Shimon's Birthday Surprise

[A/N] Here is my Christmas gift and thank you for reading my stories and to those who voted

--------------------------------------------------

The royal boat arrived at the shore of the palace after Ra sets down from the sky. The horses were already there along with five more guards.

Mahad let Princess Yugi ride the horse first letting her feet dangle on the side of the horse while her hooded cloak covers her as Amelda ride the same horse to protect Yugi before Mahad rode his horse as the two servants loaded the luggages to the horse and hold its reigns before Mahad move infront to lead the group with the two servants walking behind him followed by Amelda who was escorting Yugi while Yugi rests abit by leaning her head on Amelda's chest while they were being surrounded by the guards along with Honda and Ootogi who walks side by side with Mahad.

After three minutes, they reach the palace and the guards let them enter. Amelda notice that Yugi was asleep so he lean her down at the neck of the horse before he went down then gently scoops her off and carries the sleeping Princess bridal style as the servants walk stood beside them with their luggage while the guards went back to their stations while Honda and Ootogi volunteer to bring the horses to the stable servants.

"Forgive us High Priest, Princess Yugi was really tired that she fell asleep along the way. It's her first time travelling this far. " Amelda said while they walk inside the palace.

"It's quite alright Captain Amelda, I understand, I will go report to the Pharaoh as the servants escort you to your chambers so you can all rest for abit. " Mahad said as the two servants escort Amelda to their room.

[Palace's Dining Room]

Everyone was still in the meeting room while the Pharaoh and the Queen headed first in the dining room as they wait for the others to come and for the food to be serve when Mahad comes in along with Honda and Ootogi who just returned from the stables and into their stations.

"Pharaoh, Queen, we have return from our journey. " Mahad said before he bows at the Pharaoh.

"You may rise High Priest Mahad, where is the Princess? " Pharaoh Aknankannon asked.

"Princess Yugi fall asleep on their way here and Captain Amelda wants to ask for forgiveness about this, she just had her first long journey away from home. " Mahad told them.

"It's quiet alright, we will meet them later once they rest enough and besides no one can know this yet am I clear Mahad, Honda, Ootogi?" Pharaoh Aknamkannon told them and they bow before replying a 'yes Pharaoh' before Mahad sit down on his chair while Honda and Ootogi stand straight as the Council, High Priests, Shimon, Crown Prince Atem, Prince Yami and Prince Abidos filled up the room and motions the servants to serve the food before he called Ootogi and secretly told him to tell the servants who escort Princess Yugi and Captain Amelda to deliver their food, tell all who went with them to stay quiet about their guests until tomorrow and to tell them if possible to meet him after eating earning a bow from Ootogi before doing his secret task.

Ootogi just got out of the kitchen along with the two servants who went with them to fetch their guests and was now on their way towards the chamber where Princess Yugi rested as he sighs dreamily thinking about the beautiful princess.

The two servants stop infront of the chamber that is near the ballroom. Ootogi knocks on the door.

"Who is it? " Amelda answered while making sure all the luggage they bought with them are all there while Yugi just finished unpacking her own clothes and put them on the cabinet designated to her.

"General, we bought you and Princess Yugi's food. " Ootogi replied and the door was open by none other than Princess Yugi while Amelda is now busy unpacking his clothes in the servant's room since he insist to have a room that is near Princess Yugi.