Chapter 9

Marinette's POV
I walk out of the hospital, Emma in my arms. Adrien walks next to me, Lily in his. I got admitted out of the hospital this morning, after they checked that my babies and I are ok.

We walk down the path, paparazzi "sneakily" taking photos of us. I look down, to smile at my daughter in my arms. I gently kiss her nose, which she giggles to.

We reach the car, placing Emma and Lily in their newly bought car seats. I hop into the passenger seat, Adrien in the front.

He starts the engine, before zooming off, away from the hospital and towards his house. We pass by my parents bakery.

I see my parents out on the curb, waving at us. "Do you want to see them?" Adrien asks, his hand resting on my thigh.

I bite my lip and nod. He slowly parks the car on the curb of the house. I hop out of the passenger seat, opening the door.

"Hello Maman, papa," I say, heading to the back of the car.

"Hello dear, how is your child?" Maman replies. "Haven't you kept up with the news? We announced that we have twin daughters about a month ago," I say, rolling my eyes as I take Lily out of her seat.

I hold Lily in my arms, Adrien walking around the car, with Emma in his arms. "Emma's hungry," Adrien says, swapping children.

We decided to go with breastfeeding because it's healthier for children and it will save money.

"Can we go inside so I can feed my child?" I ask, not taking my eyes off my family.

"Of course, come with us," papa opens the door, Adrien and I walking inside. They closed the bakery, for us, so we could have privacy.

I pull down my top, Adrien draping a towel over my shoulder. Emma latches herself onto me and drinks.

"So, whats new with you guys?" Papa asks, scratching the back of his neck. "I don't know?? How about the fact that I just gave birth to your granddaughters?" I say, rolling my eyes.

Adrien chuckles next to me. Maman giggles. "Right, so um.. the bakery had been good, we have never been so busy and all the paparazzi coming and going," papa started going on about the bakery.

Thankfully, Adrien's phone went off, telling us that his father wants us home. "Sorry, we have to go now, father wants us home," Adrien says, standing up, with Lily asleep in his arms.

I bite my lip and nod. We load the kids in the car, Adrien taking a seat in the drivers seat, me in the passengers.

Adrien's POV
I could tell Marinette was thankful that father called, it was really awkward back there.

Mari sits in the passenger seat, breathing deeply. "Mari, you ok?" I ask, placing my hand on hers. "I guess, I just don't really liked seeing them," she says, biting her lip.

"It will be ok, your with us and it has to be better now that you have given birth to our twins right?" I say, rubbing my thumb across her knuckles.

"Yea it is, thanks for everything," she says, giving me a side hug, kissing my cheek. "No problem Mari," I say, as we pull up at my house.

Father greets us at the front door. "Hello father, I would like you to meet our daughters, Emma and Lily," I say, holding Emma in my arms.

Father takes Lily from Mari, holding her gently. "You should rest, being out of the hospital would take a lot out of you," he says. "I'll watch the kids," he adds afterwards.

We both nod before rushing off to our room. We fall asleep as soon as our heads touch the pillow, falling into a deep dreamless sleep.