𝟮. 𝗸𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗷𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿

ii

ii. kris freaking jenner

" A country is a team-a unit, and yet, something so small can tear it into "

"Ew, you're watching the news?"

The sound of the tv travelled from the open door and into the deserted hall. A high-pitched news anchor voice burned Skylar's ears. Having been on her way to the kitchen, Skylar stopped, turning back to the room with the light breaking through. She walked inside without so much as a knock.

Wanda sat on the end of her bed. Eyes glued to the screen in front of her. A sullen look had spread across her already pouty face as she listened to the targeted words from the woman on the screen. Talking about the Avengers and the mess that they leave in their wake.

"You know we have movies you could watch," suggested Skylar when Wanda didn't answer her. "There's Mean Girls, and oh, have you watched High School Musical? Troy Bolton is a dream boat."

Still Wanda didn't move. Nor did she show the slightest interest in wanting to turn her tv off. She sat, listening to the woman with bleached hair talk about the damages left by the Avengers. And the worst part was that she wasn't wrong. They did a lot wrong. But the damages were minimal compared to what could've happened if they hadn't showed up.

Skylar tried to tell Wanda this, over and over for the past week. The media needed a scapegoat, and usually it'd be the Avengers.