𝟭. 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹

i

i. high school musical

Skylar Ainsworth had never wanted for anything. From the moment she'd met Tony Stark in some shabby burger joint in the middle of nowhere, he'd make sure she had only the best of everything. Tony gave her everything she could want and more. He'd paid for her piano and vocal lessons, wanting to add dance, but Natasha took that job. And because Skylar couldn't go to school with her vigorous training schedule, Tony had hired the top-rated tutor. 

The small girl that he'd met so many years ago deserved the world, and Tony Stark was going to give it to her. 

She'd been secluded for most of her life. Spending her days with Tony or another member of the since broken up, Avengers. She never went to an actual school. She was a risk. They couldn't take their chances. Especially since they knew so little about what she could do. A temper tantrum could very well lead to the end of humanity for all they knew. 

But now, according to the United States Government, a normal, high school experience was just what Skylar Ainsworth needed. Time away from crime-fighting and advanced humans, and more time in smelly, crowded hallways. 

"This is basically torture. They're doing this to torture me, Uncle Tony..."

She'd been free now for a few weeks. And for those first two weeks, Skylar was elated and well-behaved, determined to do anything to keep from being put back behind the glass. But, then she'd learned just what those agreements were that Tony had told her about. She'd have to spend at least a year in a public high school. 

Tony was now pulling Skylar down the narrow hallway lie with body-length lockers and walls decorated with awful classroom art. She cringed as she passed a wad of gum shoved into a corner of the hallway. Tony's genuine leather shoes were out of place against the stained-tile floors. And his navy-colored suit clashed against the faded blue locker paint. 

"Take me back to the cell — I'll go back..." Skylar was desperate, trying to pry her way out of this any way she could. "Complete seclusion wasn't so bad now that I think about it."