𝟱. 𝗯𝗼𝘅𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆

v

v. boxed away

" and what happens when you finally choose? "

" well, you face the consequences. "

Four Months Later

She was considered an enemy of the state now. Four months locked away. Complete seclusion for most of her days. Boxed away to be forgotten it felt like. There was nothing here for her. Part of her punishment she supposed.

Visitors were limited and had to be approved through a multi-step level. Maria for example and Tony stopped by as often as they'd let him. He'd bring her puzzles or a book that he knew she'd never read. But she liked the puzzles. And over the months she'd gotten really good at them too. The little splashes of color the pieces added made her feel a little less insane.

Her eyes burned from the moment she woke up to the moment the lights were turned out for her in the evenings. She had bedtimes now. The walls were white. Her furniture was white. The bedding was white. The marble tile floor was, you guessed it, white. There was no color. No emotion. No feeling. It was nothing. Except for the small pieces of her puzzles.

Insanity was taking over. She could feel it. She couldn't take being trapped in the small glass box for much longer. She was completely alone. Sometimes she cried and screamed, pleading with the guards behind the window to open the doors. Other times she threatened them and she meant it. If she wouldn't have been made to wear the bracelets on her wrists that suppressed her power she'd have burned this place to the ground after her first night.