Scene 5 - The return to the Apartment

We are now looking at the opening door of the flats with nobody around until Spanner comes.

Dick Spanner:

It took me five and a half hours to get back home! And I thought knew the city like the back of my hand, well I was there anyway.

The now frustrated private investigator enters through the doors of the building angrily towards the lift. Like Scene 1, the same thing happens where we see the lift travel up the huge skyscraper as Spanner explains to us again.

I decided to return to my apartment because A; the cops will probably be on my lead, B; a second letter should have been posted by now on the second clue and C; I need a break!

Now we are back in the long corridor with Spanner's apartment on the other side of that long corridor, we see our detective strolling down to his apartment as he assesses the situation whilst looking at the time on his watch on his left, mechanical hand.

The time was ... seven exactly, so I went over the situation; the Princess has been kidnapped to somewhere in the Gobi Desert with a strange-looking temple, she was taken at six yesterday and the men were short but quick, one of which had an eye patch and my cellmate was mistaken as one of the kidnappers – not much to go on.

Finally, he reaches the door, quickly unlocks it and enters with another painful screech of the swinging object as Spanner tells...

I got to my apartment and entered, at last, hoping that there was another letter.

The private, robotic detective finishes entering the room whilst closing his door with yet another painful screech before noticing the next letter beside him sat on the floor.

I noticed the second letter had been put through my front door and picked it up.

Spanner reaches down for the letter and pick it up, but instead of opening and discovering the message immediately, he makes his way over to his TV once again.

I got the letter, but instead of opening it straight away I wanted to see the latest news reports on TV – and boy I was in for a shock.

Picking up the remote control, he presses the on button, activating the TV to switch onto the news channel with the same reporter with, this time, the picture of the face of Spanner's cellmate, the reporter explains the recent news on the TV.

Reporter:

More evidence today suggests that this man is under suspicion of the capture of Princess Astra yesterday, he described that he saw some more other shorter men kidnapping the royal highness, one description is also said to have one of the men with an eye patch.

Dick Spanner looks unimpressed

Dick Spanner:

Yeah yeah, I know all this stuff, like I said I feel sorry for that guy.

The reporter continues, but the picture of the cellmate is replaced with an image of Spanner, underneath with the words "Wanted".

Reporter:

It is also aware that the suspect had an accomplice with him, this robotic man dressed up as a detective. He broke out earlier this morning, but the police are onto his capture, if you see this person please report to your local police department.

The overwhelmed Spanner turns off the TV to look rather more nervous

Dick Spanner:

Well, I think I had turned into private investigator to an answer to no one vigilante that day, the police were on a manhunt for me! They were still not even bothering to try and save the Princess they are so useless, which is one reason why I work on my own. Then, I decided to open the letter and read the next clue.