Scene 13 - Home

We are looking high up to Spanner's office block again where a random selection of lights is lit up, Spanner, for the last time, explains.

Dick Spanner:

I was meant to get a load of praising, ceremonies, publicity and awards from the Royals, but I turned it down, you know, for security as a private detective.

With a huge slump, Dick Spanner lies on his red couch with no energy because he was so tired.

I was stuffed by the time I got back to my apartment, I turned on the news to see the publicity I got.

He turns onto the news channel with the same reporter speaking, with firstly, a picture of The Ghost, a shot of the man from Spanner's cellmate, then a picture of Spanner.

Reporter:

We have now to report of the safe return of Princess Astra who was kidnapped by this man, only known as The Ghost, who and his accomplices have now been executed. Which means that this suspect has now been released after a misunderstanding by the Police. The man who rescued Astra was this man named Dick Spanner...

The TV turns off.

Dick Spanner:

Well, the picture must have been from the prison.

Another letter is posted through the door and he goes over to it, picks it up, returns to his seating on the sofa and opens it up to read it as Spanner explains.

Another letter came through the door, I went to open it and thought that it was another congratulations certificate.

It is opened.

When I opened it, the letter read; Well done Spanner, you cracked this one alive, next time you may not be so lucky, be seeing you soon. Yours sincerely The Ghost.

Spanner rests back in the chair in an even comfier position.

They were still out there, there must have been more in that pyramid, how could I have been so stupid to not search it with O'Grady? Anyway, if they should come back, I'll get 'em, once and for all.

Dick Spanner looks out to us, determined and highly confident.

End.

(End credits)