Scene 6 - The art gallery

The gallery is vast. It has a variety of different paintings and a long, flat beetroot red carpet stretching across the see-through hall, including the third end title picture of Captain Scarlet and the snake as one of the galley's priceless artefacts judging by the stunning other pieces of art. We are by the drain, but then something raises it up, it's Spanner, who raises up the drain with his head and looks directly at us.

Dick Spanner:

I arrived at the gallery at five to midnight through the sewers and no sign of the police.

He accurately scans the area of the art gallery

When the letter said to open arms it only meant that the arms were guns, for me. I was obviously expecting the unexpected. It was funny because it was a trap, the lights were left on, then I saw two short men with rather basic features run across with machine guns in their hands which was nearly as big as the men themselves.

His eyes widen when he spots their shadows and quickly dives back down with a slam of the drain as the men rush past, although we are still looking at the drain but seeing their small legs run.

Man 1:

Hay! I thought I heard something.

Man 2:

Nah come on! Spanner will be here in a minute.

The men close the doors behind them in a rush, a moment later Spanner rises back up and, also rushing, looking for a clue.

Dick Spanner:

I knew that I didn't have much time in case they found me early, so I started looking for something, anything.

Dick Spanner climbs out of the drain again before searching with powerful concentration looking for some evidence at the gallery, he examines a couple of photos, including the Captain Scarlet portrait.

Every second counted, good picture of the red guy with the snake, that's something I have to do on a daily basis.

Suddenly, he discovers a portrait with the exact same temple as the one on the first piece of evidence and rushes over to it.

Wait a minute, that is the exact same photo on the first clue I discovered from the travel agents, maybe there was something behind here.

After comparing notes with the first piece of paper from the travel agents, he cautiously looks around for anyone else before skillfully and delicately moving the portrait around to uncover another slip of paper glued to the back of the artwork. The portrait of the temple is one that is like the temple that appears in Fireball XL5's The Sun Temple, with more vibrant and brightening colours.

Another slip of paper!

Ripping off the paper, he takes it and returns to the drain and jumping back down into it as he explains...

I took it and returned back to the drain.

Spanner shuts the drain back as quietly as possible. We can see this time because of Spanner's torch, he is reading the slip of paper.

Inside the drain again, I started reading the letter as it was the only safe place at the time.

We now also see what the letter says as the private investigator reads it.

It read; Congratulations Spanner you have survived the second clue. Below is a key that will open the main door to the temple where the Princess is being kept, only for you to track her down somewhere in the Gobi Desert, expect the next one soon Spanner.

The robot takes off the key the same way the letter was attached to the back of the portrait and places both the letter and the key into his pockets. The key's shape was more of a small, sliver block than a regular key.

I knew that the Gobi Desert stretched for 1.295 million kilometres that ran between China and Mongolia, but that is one big area to carry out a search. Being optimistic, I still had the key to get in.

He then takes another object from his pocket, the bomb that had been set for his first trap, he re-sets as explained...

Then I made another dumb move, I set the bomb from the first clue to detonate in the art gallery. I knew I had almost turned into a vigilante for this case, but I don't think I should have acted as badly as a terrorist as those crooks. I looked no better than them.

As fast as the wind, the now vigilante Spanner raised the drain only by a fraction to quickly roll the ticking bomb away from him and into the open with yet another slam of the drain as he rapidly made his escape

I rolled the bomb into the open and legged for it.

Dick Spanner is running for his life in the sewers away from the bomb going off, it is presented by the robot's torso we see moving as we can tell he is running because the walls are moving towards the right in the opposite direction of him running. Running on from the right, Spanner talks and when he finishes, he runs off into the right.

The bomb only had seconds left so you know I was in a hurry.

The tall building was the size and shape of St. Paul Cathedral with several other smaller buildings nearby. Suddenly, the gallery ended in a huge flash as it exploded into smithereens as the lights of those neighbourhood buildings lit up as the people's screams grew louder and louder of the inferno. The private investigator/vigilante comes to a halt when he hears the explosion of the gallery and gives a huge sigh of relief. He speaks once again before making tracks forward.

I still regret what I did today, but I had the Princess to worry about.