Scene 8 - The third clue

The same thing happens where we see the lift travel up the huge skyscraper as Dick Spanner explains to us again.

Dick Spanner:

I mean, the cops were probably waiting at the top for me or they were searching my apartment, all I'll do is just tell 'em the truth of what I'm doing, they might not be convinced but that's the truth.

The lifts again come to a halt at the top floor as the sound effect plays out. The titular investigator is alertly standing by his scarlet door for the police, however, it was locked.

My door was locked, but I was prepared for the unexpected, so I dived into the door like a swimmer.

Spanner comes rolling into the room like a cannonball, then kneeing in a fixed position with his gun in his hand ready to shoot.

Nobody was in thankfully.

He simply got back up and went to shut the door before noticing a letter by the door – for him.

As I was gonna shut the door behind me I noticed the letter, so I shut the door and picked it up.

Shutting the door then picking up the letter, he proceeds further into the room and opened the letter.

I opened up the third letter and read it.

We also see what the letter says as it is read.

It said as followed. To Spanner, may I make my next congratulations for successfully discovering the second clue in one piece before we made our open arms, you didn't have to blow them all to heaven you know Spanner, and for making your way there and back to the gallery. Now you have survived two dangerous clues to follow, let me take you to my parlour, catch the next plane at your closest airport, Flight 104 at midnight in the morning where you will fly over to the desert to rendezvous with me and the most attractive Princess in the temple which you know own the key to. Good luck Spanner, this one won't be so easy. Yours sincerely The Ghost.

Now Spanner looks more suspicious of the letter as he looks around.

Well, I had to be there at midnight or else, anyway it would have been a 12-hour trip down the sewers to the airport. In the meantime, I turned on the TV to see the latest reports of the kidnapping.

Turning on the TV, we are again watching the news channel and the reporter continues his reports.

Reporter:

It is believed that the kidnap of Princess Astra and the destruction of the art gallery are both acts of terrorism, no more evidence of the terrorists or the Princess' return has been discovered yet. We are now asking anyone, I repeat anyone that if they know anything call the number below now.

The numbers are 09999 12398. Spanner looks back, then set off after he says. Turning off the TV first as well.

Dick Spanner:

The destruction of the art gallery I'll admit was still rather hasty, but then, I set off in the sewers yet again to get to the airport.

Dick Spanner approaches the window where he is about to jump back down into the drain.