03

did i give you a heart attack thinking that the previous chapter was actually chapter 3? no? okay. :P

so yeah, this is ACTUALLY chapter 3. enjoi.

Three weeks later...

Living with Alyssa for the past three weeks were a bit hard and stubborn. There wasn't that much to do other than to watch telly, eat, breathe, and colour. It was beyond boredem living in the middle of the woods, I couldn't step a foot outside or else I would/ will get scolded. I flipped through my colouring book; coloured that, coloured that, coloured that, coloured that, and so on. I just finished colouring the last page of my only colouring book, which was my only thing to escape from being bored. I sat up and eyed Alyssa; she was on the couch sleeping with the magazine in her hands.

I stood up quietly and walked into the kitchen, the kitchen and dining room was mixed into each other and the sliding door that lead to the back was there, too. Fresh air, here I come! I unlocked the sliding door and pushed it open, the wave of cold air hit my face. Well, it wasn't that cold, it was somewhere in between hot and cold. I slid off my shoes and raced outside, not caring that I left the sliding door open.

I raced around in circles letting out laughter and squeals. I missed this feeling of being outside, especially with Loki... and hopefully someday Luke, and mommy and daddy and all my uncles and aunts. It'd be perfect. Just another week and I'll be able to see them! But then Mommy and Daddy won't be able to see Alyssa like I can- everyone will think I'm weird.

"Kate get back inside!" Alyssa scolded, dang it. I let out a frustrated huff and obliged. It was a good two minutes out here, you could say. "You know that you can't go outside, what if something dangerous happens and I'm not out here?"

I shrugged, not bothering to answer since I know that she'll interrupt me with a lecture. "Your room." Alyssa mumbled.

"I know." I snapped, I grabbed my shoes off the floor and walked away. Alyssa was mumbling more things that I couldn't understand, I shook my head and pushed my door open to my bedroom. I plopped onto my bed, sprawled out and stared at the ceiling. Blank.

____

"Are you going to speak now?" Alyssa asked, filling my cup with apple juice. "Not speaking to someone is very rude, Kate."

I stayed silent and drank some of my juice. "Alrighty then, stay rude." Alyssa murmured taking the apple juice back to the refrigerator. She said something under her breath. "Not my problem."

"I mean, we do have a week left to find your family... I think I'm having second thoughts on all of this," Alyssa said tapping her finger on her chin. "We can always wait."

"No! I'll talk, we have to find my family!" I gave in, nearly jumping off my seat.

"Good, maybe we should start learning about manners." Alyssa teased taking her coffee off the counter and taking a swig from it.