04

Alyssa' s POV

Today was the day; Liam is in town. The four weeks were frustrating, but it actually made me feel alive. Kate reminded me of my baby sister, whom I was never to see again. What I fear for Kate is how we're going to explain how she 'had risen from the dead'; and that only she'll be able to see me, meaning some people are going to think she has schizophrenia.

I fixed her hair into a ponytail and put on a black jeweled headband. I looked at her: black bow themed skater dress, black leggings, and black flats with bows on them. In my opinion, she looked cute! "Will you still be with me, even if we find my mommy and daddy?" Kate asked in a small voice, she hung her head low and twisted her fingers.

"Of course, Kate. People won't be able to see me, only you will. Just remember that." I assured her, smiling. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Kate grinned.

____

"Are you lost, hun?" A blond woman asked bending over to Kate's height. This wasn't the first time people had asked if Kate was lost. Kate looked up at me, making the woman confused, as if Kate was looking at the building behind us.

"Say no, the man behind us is you're father." I quickly said. Kate nodded.

"No, my daddy is right over there." Kate replied, please don't point, please don't point. She pointed and smiled.

"Oh, alright. You should go back to him." The woman smiled before walking away.

"No pointing, got it?"

"Got it."

We spent the next hour walking out of the city and back to Kate's old street. All these houses were rather large, probably could fit three or two families in them. "That one!" Kate pointed at a white house, and four cars parkee on the driveway. "That's my house! I know because my daddy has the same car, just like that one!"

I lead her to the house. "Are you sure this is it, Kate?" I asked, biting my bottom lip. She nodded and covered her mouth from making a sound. She grabbed my hand as I slowly knocked on it, about a good minute we stood there until a woman with curly hair answered the door. Her jaws dropped as soon as she saw Kate.

"L- Liam! Come here, right now!" The woman shouted, she got on her knees and stared at Kate. Soon, a young man was standing behind the woman, confused. Kate stood there silent, staring at me with glassy eyes.

"It's them." I smiled. Kate nodded, her lips trembled as she slowly looked at me.

"W- who are you looking at?" The lady asked, her voice shaky.

Kate parted her lips, not breaking eye contact with me, instead she smiled carefully let go of my hand. "It's her." The man whispered, he bent down and stared at Kate.

"Time for me to go, Kate. Just call my name, and I'll be here." I said, weakly smiling. Kate gulped and nodded. She mouthed a thank you and watched as I slowly disappeared.

Liam's POV

Kate has said nothing but stared at the sky with trembling lips, she finally looked at us with teary eyes. "You're alive." Dani whispered. Kate nodded.

"I missed you guys, so much." Kate finally spoke. She hugged Dani and looked at me, the same brown eyes.

"How?" I suddenly blurted out. Kate stayed silent.

"Luke," She said, her eyes brightening. I looked over my shoulder and saw Baby Luke still soundly sleeping in his little crib, of course with Loki underneath; also sleeping.

"He's sleeping." I replied. Seeing her was both, confusing, and dumbfounded.

"Are you hungry? We're making dinner, spaghetti." Dani inquired, gesturing Kate inside. Kate nodded.

"All I've been eating for the past four weeks were cookies, fruit snacks, chips, and granola bars. Sometimes yoghurt." Kate said but quickly covered her mouth.

"What do you mean 'past four weeks'? Kate, who were you with for these past weeks?" Dani asked closing the door.

"Boy, the spaghetti smells... d- delicious." Kate stalled.

"Kate."

"No one. I've been with no one." Kate lied, it was wasy to figure she was lying.

hai guys, I updated early since Im not going to be able to update on thursday; family drama. its kinda hard right now, so sorry if this and the future chapters suck. g'day. love you all, you rock!