07.

wow, long time no see. huge sorry. Please know that there will be slower updates in the future and school is to be blamed.

----

|| Kate's Pov ||

I felt a warm hand on my hair, I opened my eyes and saw mommy with a big smile on her face. "Morning, Sunshine." Mommy hummed. I smiled and sat up.

"I made hot cakes, bacon, and sausage. They're waiting downstairs." Mommy said, she brushed a curl out of her face and smiled again.

I nodded. 

"Get dressed, 'kay? I'll be downstairs."

She left my room quietly and shut the door. I slid off my bed and walked over to my closet; new clothes were in there. "Alyssa? I need help." I whispered. I felt the rush of cold air.

"Clothing, hm?"

I looked up and saw Alyssa smiling. I nodded. "Go wait on your bed and I'll be there in a minute." Alyssa instructed. I obliged and sat on my bed; about two minutes later, she came back and lied down the clothing beside me.

A shirt that was made of something called denim, red trousers, and my old converse.

Once I was in my new clothes, I made my way downstairs with Alyssa by my side. Like she said, mommy can't see her.

"Where's Daddy and Luke?" I ask, sitting down. I examined the plate, the second real meal that I've had since forever.

"Oh, Daddy's gone and so is Luke." Mommy replied.

"Oh." I murmured. Why didn't he take me? Luke is just a baby, I'm older than him! Is it because he hates me? What if he's not happy that I'm here and that's the reason why he left?

I set my fork down, I felt my cheeks get warm and my lips curved into a frown. I looked at Alyssa who was already looking at me. "He does love you, Kate. I mean, wouldn't your mom care that her baby son is gone, also?" says Alyssa. She gave a weak smile and pushed my plate towards me. "Eat."

||Liam's Pov||

"Is there a reason why Luke is here? You have a wife." Javier bluntly spoke.

"It was early in the morning, and he's my son. Quality time with him also." I retorted. I sat Luke down on my lap and brushed a small curl out of his face.

"What do you want, Liam?" Javier asks, taking a seat in front of me. I narrowed my eyes and sighed.

"You know damn well what I'm here for, Javier," I grunted. A small giggle escaped Luke and he bounced up.

"I'm here about my alive daughter." I added.

"If this is a prank, you're sick. Sick. You've had way too many drinks, I recall you having to be sent to the hospital because of alcohol." Javier replied with a sly smirk on his devious face.

"Drinking isn't the topic, Javier. My daughter, Kate is. She's alive; I don't know how, but she is. And I can proove it to you." I said through gritted teeth, Luke looked up at me and flashed a smile. His front tooth was already growing.

"Proove it, Liam," Javier growled.

I nodded, pulling my phone out--unlocking it and opening my FaceTime app; I clicked Dani and waited. Finally when she answered, she was covered in flour...or baby powder?

"Hi, babe. What do you need?" Dani smiled.

"Hey, um, I'm in a situation right now; can you put Kate on? It's really important."

"Yeah, of course." The phone went to Kate, she had what looked like syrup on her cheeks.

I gave it to Javier. "You screwed yourself up. Liam, society is going to suspect that you played a sick joke on them. Worse of all, if this is real; they can take Kate away." Javier says, shoving my phone back to me. "Good luck."

"N-no they can't," I gulp, "They won't."

"You already took her out and showed her to the world. People are probably already trending that she's alive again; police could be driving to your home any second now."

×  ×  ×

I gave Luke his stuffed monkey so he could be occupied whilst Dani and I talked. Kate was in her room, she's always coped up in there.

I let out a frustrated huff and shook my head. "I fucked up, Dan." I mumble, running my hands through my hair and mumbled some more things.

"How?" Dani questions, passing me a glass of water and taking a seat across from me.

"I exposed Kate, people know she was dead--she's alive now, what if the government questions us? They're going to invade the house one day I bet." I groan, taking a swig from the glass.

"Well if you kept a positive attitude, maybe they won't," Dani smiled. She is always optimistic about things, it gets annoying at times but I get that she's trying to be that motherly person.