06

"What was that?" Dani asked, bitterly. I furrowed my eyebrows as I sat up on the king sized bed. "I don't know if it's still the 'paranormal' stuff, but you need to end this. Now."

"I don't know what you're talking bout'." I murmured, switching off the telly. I turned my attention back to Dani and shrugged my shoulders.

"Don't do that." Dani growled.

"Do what--be specific."

"You're ignoring Kate, you're treating her like crap. You only pay attention to Luke!" Dani raised her voice.

"And you pay too much attention on Kate, Luke is just a baby. He needs just a bit more care than Kate, or at least attention. For sake, Dani, I haven't seen my child for five months!" I shouted.

There was a faint cry from behind the closed door, I knit my eyebrows together. "I'll go check on him." I mumbled, swinging my legs off the bed and standing up. Dani stood there, hand on hip, and other hand in hair. She nodded.

I opened the door making the cries of Luke even more noticeable, I shuffled my feet against the floor and walked to Luke's room. I opened the door and saw Kate on her tip-toes, she stood beside the crib. "Shh, Baby Lukey. Watch this." Kate cooed, I'm guessing she made a silly face cos' I heard a tiny giggle. "You like that?"

"I always made that face when Alyssa got mad at me, it seemed to cheer her up. Right, Alyssa?" Kate looked to her left and looked up. She smiled and giggled. "Can you see her? She's right... here."

"She said you're cute."

____

"I swear, I'm not paranoid; nor am I joking." I say with widened eyes.

"Liam, I-I, it's impossible. Whoever this Alyssa must be imaginary. Okay? You're tired and you're just seeing things." Dani whispered, I chewed the inside of my cheek and let out a sigh.

"Don't believe me, I get it. I'm not hallucinating," I defended myself, "Goodnight. Love you." I said in a bitter tone, averting away from her.